PDA

View Full Version : Having a falling out over raids

Rennadrel
04-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Ok well right now I am really pissed off at my guild leader and I don't know what to do. For this lockout period I am already saved to 25 man Naxx for 2 bosses and I didn't get a raid invite for some reason tonight and instead a bunch of scrub newbies to the guild got carried through and I basically got the shaft and missed out on getting either T7.5 pants or the Riveted Abomination pants off Thaddius and for this I am really angry. For one, I have skipped off loot for other members trying to get epics because whatever happens to drop is more of an upgrade for one person over myself, I don't like being a douchebag to people who really need gear that raid a lot but don't get much and didn't do 10 man Naxx.

I am also a regular contributor to the guild, I have on several occasions crafted rings that I could have otherwise sold and made about 1k gold per item, have made Darkmoon Cards with Inscription on my alt for people in order to get trinkets and I sometimes put money in the guild bank. I give and really don't expect anything in return from people because I do stuff out of kindness and there are those who return the favors from time to time, like free enchants with guild mats for one.

But the real thing that drives me nuts is that since Lich King came out, through all the wipes and repair bills, I have put up with raiding even when I get so frustrated with people killing themselves for not paying attention that I want to punch my monitor, yet I still came out fine and have gotten some great gear, but I really dislike the fact that I am sometimes going weeks without getting stuff that is best in slot because of loot rules, RNG or not getting raid invites despite the fact that I consistantly put up good numbers while the scrubs are getting geared yet still suck and can't learn their class.

So I am at a crossroads and have been getting annoyed with a lot of double standards like mains should only be doing 25 man raids yet all of a sudden 3 people have switched to alts (one went from DK DPS to Fury Warrior, talk about stealing loot from other plate DPS) and are getting carried right in 25 mans, screwing other people who need the gear out of it. I am about ready to /gquit to be totally honest.

Fayre
04-09-2009, 01:48 AM
Take a deep breath and a couple of days to think. You'll do yourself no favours to go yell at your guild leader when you're feeling like this.

He is probably trying to be fair to conflicting interests in the guild. He probably doesn't even realise that you're upset.

What you need to do is calmly make a list of what needs to change to make you happy again in the guild and then talk to him about it. Consider how things like getting your BiS gear conflicts with getting the newbies geared up and try figure out with him how it can work better. There must be bosses that you no longer need to go to - your leader probably isn't aware that say Thaddius is your weekly goal at the moment. Also, it sounds like you need to talk to him about performance - your attitude towards the 'scrubs' sounds like there are issues around poor performers. I don't think you would object to a new guy who performs well being geared up?

I would generally be a bit wary in presenting your issues with loot as issues with loot. If you refocus your discussion around what changes could be made to make things better, rather than your own frustration about gear, it'll come across a lot better.

Hope that helps.

Rennadrel
04-09-2009, 06:11 AM
It has been constantly preached by the guild leader as well as many other people that everyone needs best in slot gear for Ulduar and considering new people are going in over our main raiders who have been in the guild from the beginning or for a fairly long time, there is no way in hell anyone is geared enough for 25 man with the way loot is being handled and the people who get into raids. He figures even if they suck and are 80 and we don't have 25 core raiders who are already geared, anyone else can go into Naxx instead of just taking a night off and waiting for the people who need to top off their gear, and yes he knows that I have been after gear off Thaddius for ages and I showed my displeasure last night in guild chat while I was on my alt. At this point I don't really care, my lockout for Naxx is screwed and I won't get the gear I want off the boss kills so aside from Instructor Razuvious, I see no sense in me raiding this week.

DarthYoda
04-09-2009, 08:28 AM
It has been constantly preached by the guild leader as well as many other people that everyone needs best in slot gear for Ulduar and considering new people are going in over our main raiders who have been in the guild from the beginning or for a fairly long time, there is no way in hell anyone is geared enough for 25 man with the way loot is being handled and the people who get into raids. He figures even if they suck and are 80 and we don't have 25 core raiders who are already geared, anyone else can go into Naxx instead of just taking a night off and waiting for the people who need to top off their gear, and yes he knows that I have been after gear off Thaddius for ages and I showed my displeasure last night in guild chat while I was on my alt. At this point I don't really care, my lockout for Naxx is screwed and I won't get the gear I want off the boss kills so aside from Instructor Razuvious, I see no sense in me raiding this week.

You should do what Kayella stated (if you haven't yet). Remember that the GL has a lot on his plate and coming off as helpful will go a long way over getting upset. If you only need one thing out of a Naxx run, maybe he thought it was in the best interest of the raid to bring people that could use more than just one item? I dunno, but yea.. I would cool off, talk to your GL and be civil and come across as part of the team. Remember, there are 24 other raiders he has to think about each night and he has to do whats best for everyone and even GL can make mistakes.

Argamasilla
04-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Rennadrel -

Here is a slightly different perspective.

With the new information coming out about the progression in Ulduar, basically that if you are in 25 Naxx then you should be able to go into 25 Uld, some guilds are had to look at gearing a little differently.

Originally I had planned on getting a 10 man Ulduar BiS group for the patch release. Expecting that learning the boss fights and getting gear would prepare us for 25. Now we see that the loot from Uld-10 isn't much better than Naxx-25.

We will really need to be in Uld-25 to start seeing gear upgrades again. As a priority than, its more important to get as many players as possible min. gear levels for Ulduar, then to try and Max out 10 players.

If you only need 2 pieces of gear out of Naxx-25, then you are geared enough for Uld-25. Your raid slot in Uld-25 should be a lock. But if there are not 25 players ready to go, then there won't be any raiding at that level; and you may just find yourself sitting out on Uld-10.

I realize that you are upset, your comment about "Hey, there's no gear for me so there's no reason for me to raid" doesn't match up with the fact that you have passed on gear that is an upgrade for other players. It sounds like most of the time you place the guilds best interests above yours, so the reason you go to raid is to help everyone else get gear, even though you know you won't get any.

Now is a good time to use this to your advantage, let your GM know that your upset about not going this week, but that you will STILL do your part in helping the guild prepare for Ulduar, and that you want a Uld-25 slot.

Or you can gquit, find another guild where you will be the new guy, and have to run naxx-25 over and over while the guild progresses through Ulduar.