PDA

View Full Version : Warrior 3d os!!!

taurenosarus
04-08-2009, 12:51 PM
hello fellow tankspot members, id like to first start by saying i love this site, i go here for all my question and concerns, nowhere else.

our guild is having a small problem with satharion 3D, we have been at it for almost 3 weeks now, and would like to get it down before the patch. we just lost out MT, as his fustration to not get this completed made him change servers. ive heard from many that any tank class can tank sathrion 3D, its just harder for anyone not a druid or DK. like my guild, i want to do all it take to get this content finished, so i had a couple of questions as far as warrior tanking 3D

what gear do i need to tank satharion? base HP? frost resist with stam? avoidance? spec?

how do i use my CD and raid's CD to not die during flame breathes?

if anyone has videos/post that could help i would very much appreciate it.

i am willing to spend as much needed gold for gems, spec, pots/flask.. ect

thank you

heres my armory

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thrall&n=Taurenosarus)

Beatzz
04-08-2009, 12:58 PM
im 99% this needs to be posted in the Dungeon sub forum

squats
04-08-2009, 01:08 PM
it would fit in general, HALP (armoy/gear) or the dungeon forums. theres a topic on this already in this thread. id suggest looking their :)

Paramount
04-08-2009, 01:13 PM
I've done quite a bit of research on this myself....and from what I've gathered it's a very personal thing.

There are 2 major schools of thought gear wise that I've found:

1.) Max out your health. Not an EH set, just freakin' raw health.

2.) Wear a small amount of fire resist (can't remember the exact number, but I think it was around 225 or so). Which equates to 2 or 3 pieces of Fire resist gear max plus some kind of aura.

Well that's the gear aspect....now for the cooldowns.

First off, you're a warrior. You should know the big ones. But you should stagger them. The idea isn't to have everything popped at once, but to make sure that you don't take a breath after shadron has landed.

That's on your end...now for your peers.

Have a hunter bring a tenacity pet that is specced into Roar of Sacrifice.

Have any priests spec into either guardian spirit or pain suppresion.

Have pallies spec into Divine Guardian if at all possible.

Make sure your pallies (if you have them) are using beacon effectively. Try different things. This may require you and the drake tank to reposition so that both of you are recieving heals from beacon.

Well there are the tools that may or may not be at your disposal, there are probably a few I missed...but hey.

Now for the most important part: Communication.

Make sure you have a rotation set up so that at least one type of damage reduction is on you when sarth breaths. Ideally, your cooldowns should be a last resort. You may even want to hop into a seperate channel in vent with the people who are assigned to chain stuff on you so that you don't have to worry about vent chatter.

Hope that helps.