PDA

View Full Version : Protection Warrior seeking advice

Serious Sam
04-07-2009, 04:08 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thaurissan&n=Hornedup)

This is my Armoury link. My main concern would be balancing SBV & Expertise. It seems everyone has a unique opinion on it, and i guess i wanted some expert advice / clarification on the matter.

Also, i know there are threads discussing best in slot, but is there an optimal gear set for a particular tank to aim for? If not in gear then perhaps in stats alone? Since i'm a guy driven by concrete numbers that would help ease my mind tremendously.

Thanks in advance for anyone's time and response.

Dubzil
04-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Personally I'd stack on a lot more expertise than you have, I'm exp and hit capped, makes threat a lot easier. I have a separate set for SBV for trash.. works out pretty well.

Here's mine if you want: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nathrezim&n=Dubzil)

*btw alliance so i need 1% less hit than u*

Serious Sam
04-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Would you recommend i replace higher Item Level gear with lower ones purely for Expertise? Or should i just gem for it instead? Bear in mind i always use Rhinolicious Wyrmsteak every raid for it's buff.

Dubzil
04-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Yeah, ilvl is not always the best, I have full valorous, I use exp shoulders, if you don't need survivability you can easily swap out one of those trinkets, i usually roll with norgannon and mirror of truth. Maly shield if you have it is best threat shield you can get.

Right now there's lots of room for moving gear around, once ulduar hits it will probably be more on the survivability side for a while, will have to look for less expertise

Serious Sam
04-07-2009, 04:41 PM
That's a very interesting point. I did notice though that your SBR is at 15%, and the same numbers are shown on other more proficient tanks' stats. Is that a stat that could just be left be? And would the same logic be applied to dodge and parry? Do we even have an optimal number for said stats or is it still too early to make such determinations?