PDA

View Full Version : I've got def cap. but other avoidance lacking ..

Rockway
04-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Hey guys,

I've only been 80 for a couple of days and I have been farming for my BSing gear which I'm happy with.

Now, today I hit the defense cap but my other stats are lacking:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Rockway)

Dodge: 18.10%
Parry: 15.20%
Block: 12.60%

I feel that these are way too low, I have - I think 2 more items to get via reputation (Argent Crusade glyph, chest from Wyrmrest, oh and the WoTLK shoulder enchant..) but those don't really have they avoidance that I'm looking for.

I'm happy with my health pool 23.1k unbuffed and 22901 armor.

This is probably all coming out wrong I can't think properly sorry lol, can anyone please help me? I mean am I on the right track to start heroics - need everything to be perfect first :mad:

Cheers,

Rockway.

Nozem
04-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Its mostly your gear that is causing your problem ;) nothing to worry about but but but I advice you to max out Sheild Specialization.
Yup it just is your gear, which will be fixed pretty soon I reckon.

Damonvile
04-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Now, today I hit the defense cap .

First thing you should learn about tanking.....no you didn't hit a cap. You hit uncritable at 535 ( heroics ) 540 raid. Adding more def will add more avoidance so it is not a cap.

Your spec is fine. It's the cookie cutter threat spec most of us use.

You should be able to do most heroics. Some might require a bit of cc depending on the healers gear but otherwise you should have no real problems.

Rockway
04-06-2009, 01:32 AM
First thing you should learn about tanking.....no you didn't hit a cap. You hit uncritable at 535 ( heroics ) 540 raid. Adding more def will add more avoidance so it is not a cap.

Your spec is fine. It's the cookie cutter threat spec most of us use.

You should be able to do most heroics. Some might require a bit of cc depending on the healers gear but otherwise you should have no real problems.

Sorry for the confusion :o I did mean he uncrittable 540, thanks for your input :) Going to try find some groups now, cheers.