PDA

View Full Version : Backing up

TalonasDemas
04-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Okay, this is my first post in this forum, and out of fear of placing this rather simple question in the wrong spot, I put it in the random stuff spot.

I am going to preface this with the note that I am referring to my Prot spec Warrior level 80 (Talonas).

I was listening to a podcast with Ciderhelm and Lore (I think) And the discussion led to a very strong argument for the use of mouse movement. Ive always used the arrow keys instead of W A S D to move, and I never strafe. I realized through listening to the podcast that I needed to mouse move, so I changed my key bindings and the like, even going so far as to unbind my arrow keys to keep me from jumping back.

To give a quick explaination about my UI and key bindings, I have every single talent that I can use while in Defensive Stance in 4 rows of keys. 1-0, q-o, a-k, and z-m. So I dont have the option of using W A S D to move.

So here is my question. Now how do I back up? When I tried to bind my mouse key to do so, It wouldnt. I need some suggestions, or an explaination of the way that Ciderhelm backs up without turning around. Ive watched several of the videos so Ive seen him do it while mouse moving.

I know this is a simple little question, but I cant seem to find anything that works well.

Thank you.

Talonas

Zyffyr
04-06-2009, 10:53 AM
The big reason not to move with your keys is turning is slower that way. There is nothing wrong with using a key to move backwards, since there is no difference in the result.