PDA

View Full Version : Gear suggestions

Dekay
04-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Hey,

I've only just made an account here. I've been lurking around for a while now, and I thought it would be time to make an account so I can reply to threads if I want to!

So. I'm in a guild that only raids 10mans for the time being. We've done Naxx 10/Maly10 and Sarth+1D. We clear this every week. So far I've been unlucky to get the shield from Maly and the cloak from Sarth+1D. I've read the best-in-slot thread, I've got quite some pieces that are on that list. However, I feel my hit is on the low side. I've been thinking to get either accuracy and +20 hit on gloves. But if I do that, I would loose(/lose? - I always mix these up) 46 agility, which is almost 2% (correct me if I'm wrong).

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&n=Lysah)

On the armory I have my normal boss tanking gear. I also have a more blockvalue orientated set.

Any tips/suggestions on how I can improve my gear? :)

Thanks in advance.

Kaytee
04-05-2009, 11:22 AM
A suggestion would be to gem and enchant your gear, I'm amazed you did so much without doing so. o_O

Would also be nice to add a Eternal Belt Buckle to your belt for a prismatic gem socket.

It's either that or my armory isn't working properly for me.

Dekay
04-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Huh.. It's not working for me either. I do have everything enchanted and gemmed. I think it's because I had a 'sex-change' today and the database is prosessing everything. That, or armory stole my gems!

Kaytee
04-06-2009, 06:33 AM
Huh.. It's not working for me either. I do have everything enchanted and gemmed. I think it's because I had a 'sex-change' today and the database is prosessing everything. That, or armory stole my gems!

Haha well, apart from the vanishing gems, durability, and enchants, it seems pretty solid to me. :P

Dekay
04-06-2009, 09:09 AM
It seems to be ok now. You can find my armory at The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&n=Lysah). I'll update the OP as well.

headknocker
04-06-2009, 09:34 AM
For 10man gear you are doing fine. Your hit is low, but if you aren't having threat problems its not affecting your game. I'd probably do the following tweaks to your gear:
- Abomination Shoulderblades
- Add another defense ring (sand worn band for example). The DTK ring is good to have too, so don't sell it.
- Switch to bolstered legplates. Inescapable death/T7 pants are better for block sets.
- Titanium weapon chain/other hit rating enchants on your sword would help

I would also pug some 25man single boss raids (Vault, OS, maybe EoE) if your guild doesn't run them. They are quick and you'll be able to accumulate emblems for the platinum mesh clock and kyzoc's boots.

In the end, your gear is really fine for doing any 10man content (sarth+2/3 will be a bit of a challenge) so now its about what you want to optimize for.

Dekay
04-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the tips. I'll start farming the VH leggings, they are indeed pretty good. I've also been trying to get the ring from Sartharion, but no luck so far.