PDA

View Full Version : Just Looking For Some Pointers :)

Chompers
04-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Hello, this is my first time posting on tankspot(I just found out about it ^-^) And I was curious to what people would change with my spec

(The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&n=Chompers))

I have been tanking blood for a while now and seem to have a pretty solid rotation, all I would like to know is if there are any minor changes, or even a more suitable spec for tanking.

Background- Currently have main tanked everything in game, seem to have some threat issues at SOME points.

Thanks in advance,
Chompers

Voodan
04-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Overall not a horrible spec. I would say that a couple of points are somewhat puzzling though:

1. Why do you have points in vicious strikes? Do you DS often? Come 3.1 I could see this being a viable talent with the changes to DS, but if its currently just for PS then its a waste of 2 talent points imo
2. Why do you not have a point in hysteria? Granted its no personal benefit but its an extreme dps boost to any one melee in your raid group. If you're that deep in the blood tree its really hard to justify not taking it.
3. Haven't seen theory craft on it but I've read that blood gorged is an underwhelming talent for tanks. Especially considering that of the 3 trees, blood is the most focused on EH and the least focused on avoidance, there is a good chance you spend much of your fights below 75% health if the boss hits hard at all. The expertise is kind of nice though not sure if its worth 4-5 talent points
4. As blood, there is really no excuse for not having 2-h weapon specializiation imo. With the preponderance of your dmg coming from strikes (HS/RS/Oblit) its basically over a 3% tps boost for 2 talent points.

Overall your gear looks pretty solid with good itemization choices though.