PDA

View Full Version : First day being prot, having troubles

Miaow
04-04-2009, 09:04 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cho%27gall&n=Miaow)

I've always been fury on my warrior, I had accumulated tanking gear, enchanted it gemmed it and everything and I thought it was time to try out prot.

I've researched down the basics, rotations, ability priorities, so I got some knowledge down.

I seem to have having trouble AOE tanking, and picking up ads.
I've read some things but they just say to use this and that but I can't hold aggro on all of 'em at all times.

Anyone have any tips in increasing my AOE threat and how to pick up incoming adds more effectively? Also any corrections in my gear/gems/talents would help.

ndb1983
04-04-2009, 10:34 AM
You could afford to lose some stamina for more hit and expertise, without getting real techy, you look pretty decent gear wise. Two real easy things for hit (without losing much) would be hit enchant on gloves and a weapon chain on your weapon.

As far as tanking is concerned, I would suggest that you review some of the guides on this website. I think they will answer a lot of your questions. Charge (when possible), thunderclap, back up and shockwave, thunderclap, cleave and tab target. When new mobs come in use TC if available, or target, taunt, Heroic throw.