PDA

View Full Version : Threat for a dk tank

Myddraal
04-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Ive been a dk tank for some time and have gotten some good gear here is my armory.The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kalecgos&n=Myddraal).
Im having a lot of trouble with threat problems. I can keep threat on almost everything else but a fully geared fury warrior. I thought it would get better as i got some better gear but yet he still pulls a lot of threat. What can i do to keep threat so the warrior can go all out.

Yahto
04-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Firstly in regards to your spec: there are many points distributed in there that are not relative to tanking or are not as good as other talents.
Secondly in regards to your gear: It would help immensely if your armory was updated with your tanking gear.
Thirdly in regards to threat: How much threat is this warrior actually doing and how much are you doing on most bosses? Please answer in form of TPS.

Voodan
04-03-2009, 11:27 PM
First and foremost I would say you need to change your spec around as Yahto mentioned. I assume you went up to IIT for raid utility (do you raid with an enhance shaman or another DK specced into IIT?) However, you're missing bladed armor which is a huge tps boost for tanks (pre-raid buffs it would already be a few hundred attack power for you).

Secondly, what are your glyphs? What is your single target rotation? What is your multi-target rotation? Do you have rune strike bound to all of your normal rotation skills? Do you use blood tap and ERW in your rotation, especially early?

Myddraal
04-04-2009, 03:50 PM
I dont know my tps sorry. (ill ask next time in raid)
Yes i raid a lot. Yah i run with an enhance shammy.
My single target is. IT,PS,BS,BS,OB,FS dump. I prioritize keeping diseases up, but usually second time around i can get 2obs in. No i dont have runestrike macroed to all my attacks. Bluntly i dont know how to.
My multi-target is DnD,IT,PEST,BT,HB,PS. IT,PS,PEST,HB,HB,BB. Usually this is a very rough rotation. i make sure to keep diseases up and hb whenever i can.
My glyphs are IT,FS, and OB glyphs (same glyph as 21/51 dps spec)