PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Tank Ready for Ulduar?

Whitegold
04-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Let me just state for the record that I'm not there yet and know it fully well. My gear is a mix of Naxx 10 stuff and heroic epics, with 3 tier 7s, a really crappy trinket, and a blue cloak.

I'd like to think my incredible skill makes up for my gear, but I'd be wrong :)

Anyway, my guild and I are just finishing up Naxx. We only have the numbers for 10 man at the moment, but hopefully can start 25 man soon enough. I think all of us are curious about Ulduar. We want to poke our feet in the waters of a new raid and see what happens.

I hear horror stories of how hard Ulduar is, and how only the best guilds will be able to go there, etc. References are usually made to other raids, such as Black Temple. I never raided at 70, so that means nothing to me.

I guess my question is how sort of stats do I need to be able to step into Ulduar 10 man? Obviously the bigger the better, but is there a good benchmark?

30k HP? 26? 35?

I'm at about 28 now, decent avoidance, a little below hit cap. Be.imba.hu lists me as suitable for 25 man EoE, but how much more difficult is Ulduar?

Note that I'm talking about stepping into it... not clearing it.

AxLxExX
04-02-2009, 08:56 PM
No excuse for the blue cloak. Pick up the craftable avoidance cloak.

Whitegold
04-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Laziness isn't an excuse? :)

Lose too much defense. Can't do it. Maexxna will drop her cloak soon enough, and OT already has it.

I already know what I need to upgrade, I'm asking about Minimum specs for Ulduar, not upgrades for my own gear. :)

Clav
04-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Well Flame leviathon is all done in vehicles and the vehicle stats are based on gear ilevel. That should be doable at least, as to the rest just give it a go. you'll soon find out if you can do it or not.

Argamasilla
04-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Your not going to be soloing Udular, so it is difficult to say what gear level will be needed, its going to depend on your healers and DPS too, just like any other raid.

Udular is NOT going to be incredibly hard, see numerous quotes by Ghost Crawler on the forums regarding this, but it will be MORE difficult than Naxx-25. They expect top progression guilds to clear normal and heroic content fairly quickly; Hard mode kills they expect to be harder.

It will however be very challenging with only i200 gear from Naxx-10. Your whole 10 man group is going to need to be excellent players, as you will not be outgearing the place; that is you'll have very little room for error. Rumors abound about actually needing to CC trash!

U-10 gear is i213, which is comparable to Naxx-25. So after the patch release, I would suggest that you go in and try U-10, that is start learning the fights, and Pug into Naxx-25 runs to upgrade your gear.