PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Weapon Guild Distribution?

Woopiwoopi
03-30-2009, 10:15 PM
A general question in regards to the upcoming patch's legendary weapon distribution.

I'm looking for suggestions or a future set implementation that a guild can/may use to properly and fairly distribute this well sought after piece of loot.

I've heard a few different methods that some top guilds are using.
- Legendary going to gm if they happen to play a class capable of wielding it
- A one on one arena tournament held in 3 different world arenas to determine the winner
- Goes to most loyal guild member
- /roll

Eager to hear others methods or ideas

Murdog
03-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Loot council based off performance.

Criteria that determines who is best suited by looking over WWS and seeing who is usually most active on healing (class depending), Not dieing to random fight elements (Lava Walls, Void Fissures) this and more is the criteria we are using to determine who gets out first set of shard's.

Karlhungus
03-30-2009, 11:32 PM
How many legendary weapons are going to be in the upcoming patch, does anyone know?

Forklift
03-30-2009, 11:43 PM
They're almost certainly going to do the same thing they did with Atiesh; a different version for each class. In this case, pally, druid, priest, shammy.

The version I've seen had something like "Occasionally when you cast a heal, puts a shield for 15% of the amount healed on the target of the heal."

Which is obviously a pally proc. Has anyone seen what other versions say?

Takethecake
03-31-2009, 12:19 AM
The version I've seen had something like "Occasionally when you cast a heal, puts a shield for 15% of the amount healed on the target of the heal."

Which is obviously a pally proc. Has anyone seen what other versions say?

Obviously a pally proc? how is a weaker version of divine aegis obviously a paladin proc?

I was under the impression that it was 1 weapon usable by all healing classes. Not 1 different weapon for each class. So the proc would be the same for everyone. If that's the case, the effect kinda sucks for holy priests, resto druids, and resto shamans though.

TiptoesDMF
03-31-2009, 12:35 AM
A general question in regards to the upcoming patch's legendary weapon distribution.

I'm looking for suggestions or a future set implementation that a guild can/may use to properly and fairly distribute this well sought after piece of loot.

- A one on one arena tournament held in 3 different world arenas to determine the winner
- /roll

Officer council our side, awarded to our main Holy Pally who is recruitment officer and hell of a raider with 100% attendance. Given for discussion to whole guild, everyone agreed. No drama.

Kataztrophe
03-31-2009, 01:10 AM
Loot council based off performance.

Criteria that determines who is best suited by looking over WWS and seeing who is usually most active on healing (class depending), Not dieing to random fight elements (Lava Walls, Void Fissures) this and more is the criteria we are using to determine who gets out first set of shard's.

Our guild will be doing the same.

Glaive
03-31-2009, 04:19 AM
I'm looking for suggestions or a future set implementation that a guild can/may use to properly and fairly distribute this well sought after piece of loot.Our guild will use our normal system.

Officer council will decide who it gets awarded to first - maybe if we do get lucky we may have a second drop by the end of next century and so be able to award a second one lol -, based on performance, dedication, effort... basically it will very likely end up in the hands of one of the "old farts" who have pulled their own weight, and everyone else's to get us were we are right now.

Its definetly the best way of saying thank you to that person.

westernfox
03-31-2009, 05:03 AM

- /roll

I don't see why you wouldn't want to use DKP bids,seems to me to be the only method that isn't subjective and the least likely to cause hard feelings with anyone (i.e. a member getting upset because another player got a piece of loot based on the arbitrary decision of somebody else).

Just a thought ....

Murdog
03-31-2009, 05:11 AM
I feel that using traditional DKP for legendaries only promotes DKP hoarding, i know ppl will say my guild wont do that but it doesnt matter what guild your in ppl think they have a chance at a legendary and they will start passing on minor upgrades and maybe if they see that they have the most DKP which usually means the nest upgrade they would bid on and get they will most likely pass cause there Shard will drop soon.

Any guild serious about progression will most likely not use a biding system for legendaries cause it just hurts the guilds gearing up and preogression till that first shard drops.

But then again thats just what i think and is the reasoning my guild is using for our Legendary distribution.

Forklift
03-31-2009, 05:17 AM
Pallies bomb heals for 16-24k every 1.6-1.7s on the MT. That's giving a chance to put a 2.4-3.6k shield basically every global on the person in the raid who needs it the most. If that is actually the effect for all versions of the hammer, it wouldn't even be close what class it would go to.

Divine Aegis is a Disc talent, yes. But if Holy Pallies got access to it, it would be twice as good for them. Not debatable.

Satrina
03-31-2009, 05:40 AM
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f148/46298-val-anyr-gavel-logistical-nightmares.html

westernfox
03-31-2009, 06:40 AM
I feel that using traditional DKP for legendaries only promotes DKP hoarding, i know ppl will say my guild wont do that but it doesnt matter what guild your in ppl think they have a chance at a legendary and they will start passing on minor upgrades and maybe if they see that they have the most DKP which usually means the nest upgrade they would bid on and get they will most likely pass cause there Shard will drop soon.

Any guild serious about progression will most likely not use a biding system for legendaries cause it just hurts the guilds gearing up and preogression till that first shard drops.

I understand what you're saying, however I've yet to see much evidence of this in practice as long as raid performance standards are in place (i.e. if you're constitantly trailing the pack in "output" during raids, you sit on the bench until performance improves).

But then again thats just what i think and is the reasoning my guild is using for our Legendary distribution.

Unfortunately the only alternatives seem to be various systems which are inherently unfair and arbitrary, which in the long run can definitely hurt raid progressive if hard feelings develop and /gquits follow.

Murdog
03-31-2009, 07:14 AM
We run a tight raiding roster 31 (looking for 3 more to round out our roster) raiders so at any given point there us only 6 members sitting out. And yes we don't have many repeat offenders for standing in shit and poor performance but when we look everything over there is deffinatly ppl that dont get hit as often if at all. And if this is a reason for someone to quit over it (also i may point out we don't think we have a officer that heals in raids so no officer is getting the legendary) i wont lose any sleep cause they prolly would of found another reason to quit anyways.

But we can also think about this another way what about a raider who has 100% attendance (Or is hoarding there DK ... not picking up what is an upgrade hope the shard drops soon)but is an average player not bad but dies frequently to random AoE and envorimental dmg so is theoretically dead for most fights but when he is alive he/she is a great healer so they still get a raid spot does this warrant them getting the legendary over the perosn that has near perfect attendance (or just picks up upgrades when they need em in turn losing DKP) altho never dies to enviromental dmg and such to me this doesnt seem like a good use of a legendary.

Akeber
03-31-2009, 08:02 AM
The legendary is not a drop. It will take 30-40 shards to make one. The shards won't drop off every boss. DKP or /rolling on individual shards could see them spread around so much that it will take months for any one person to have enough to assemble the mace. IMO it should be loot counciled out, but it will cause drama.

We've already been discussing this for a while. Four of our healers are officers (one of them is the GM), a fifth healer is the wife of an officer, and all have 80% or better attendance. Not going to be an easy decision.

Ulantor
03-31-2009, 08:15 AM
We are planning to use dkp, when the first shard drops we will take bids, the winner gets every shard untill they have created it the legendary. If they are not in a raid then bids will be taken again, if the 2nd bidder raids more and gets ahead in shards then priority switches.

That last part is still being worked on.

Satrina
03-31-2009, 08:20 AM
Yeah, it's not worth making special loot rules simply for awarding an item that will almost certianly be replaced by a normal epic within the next two tiers of content.

Nez
03-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Our healer team got together and decided who wanted/gets it

Anaea
03-31-2009, 09:14 AM
We're waiting to make the final call until we get more specifics. But it's most likely going to be awarded Loot Council (outside of our SK system) and we're probably going to focus on attendance and performance.

veneretio
03-31-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah, it's not worth making special loot rules simply for awarding an item that will almost certianly be replaced by a normal epic within the next two tiers of content.
I would hope that a legendary would last until the end of this expansion, but perhaps that's too much to hope for.

Genova
03-31-2009, 03:34 PM
If I were going to guess it would go to the only person in our guild with 100% raid attendence, who also happens to be a officer and a healer

Fine with me :)

Exiledknight
04-03-2009, 12:33 AM
My guild looked at a few things, first who are the MT healers? Second who has the best attendance? Third when we got down to a pair of holy pallies, we looked over the WWS, and the one that outperforms the other starting from 2 raid weeks ago until ulduar wins it. The hard part will be deciding who gets the shards when that person is not there...We don't have a healer that will have 100% attendance come ulduar and going back to raiding 3-4 nights a week...

Petninja
04-03-2009, 12:57 AM
Weren't the Warglaives replaceable by KJ loot in Sunwell (except on demon mobs)? I wouldn't be surprised if 3.2's final boss drops better purples than this weapon.

Exiledknight
04-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Weren't the Warglaives replaceable by KJ loot in Sunwell (except on demon mobs)? I wouldn't be surprised if 3.2's final boss drops better purples than this weapon.

I am not 100% sure about that but I think with both they were not, I could be wrong, my guild never downed KJ prior to wrath(we did go back and get him to relieve the frsutration of week sof wiping lol). Even if they were I would hope that if blizz is making it a 40 shard gathering it better last, I can only imagine the healers who get it and their disappointment if they see that they could have just taken an earlier purple and not been stuck with their naxx gear.....

Axxiom
04-06-2009, 04:53 PM
My guild typically uses EP/GP to determine who should get the loot.

(EP = Amount of time spent in raids.
GP = Gear received.
EP divided by GP = Priority to receive loot.)

The Legendary mace's distribution will be determined by EP, without GP mattering.

In short, this means the qualified player (at this point, presumably a healer) who has the highest EP (meaning s/he has spent the MOST time in guild raids of all other members).

The idea is that by giving it to the individual(s) who participate the most, the guild as a whole will receive the max benefit from the loot.

The guild leadership actually came up with a bunch of changes to adapt to the coming of 3.1 and posted them here:
<end game> forums &bull; View topic - Patch 3.1 Policy Update Package (http://www.boulderfistendgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=486)

good luck

Axxiom
boulderfistendgame.com

Magnarosh
04-10-2009, 04:05 PM

- /roll

Our recipient has already been decided for our guild. It's going to a holy paladin who has recently become part of our officer circle.

the reasons he's getting the shards (and hopefully the mace in due time) and the reasons he became an officer are the same - he is in EVERY raid, is extremely dedicated to the guild and our success, and goes well and above what is expected out of the average guild member.

FYI we use a loot council which has been fairly loose thus far in Wrath, but will be tightening up for uludar.

Magnarosh
04-10-2009, 04:08 PM

on an individual basis, KJ had better in-slot items compared to Warglaives. However nothing beat a Warglaive Set mostly because of the haste proc set bonus.

hellion
04-15-2009, 04:59 PM

- /roll

Here are my suggestions. This is based on rollover, and you don't want it going to someone who leaves the guild in two weeks. This should be kept within the guild (that is saying that you have a solid guild with some longevity).

1) Roll on the item, but only the top 10 people in DKP/EP can roll. If you have wiped EP, then I hope you have a screenshot of the prior amount. You can then go by prior raid attendance. That being said, it might be a while before you see it anyway, and numbers might flesh out before then.

2) It goes to the GM. They aren't going anywhere, and they do a job that most people do not appreciate in any way, shape, or form, and they also have no clue as to what's involved.

3) You set an amount of GP/DKP and that person pays that and from that point all pieces go to them. Afterlife on my old server did it this way, and Eventide may have (have to ask Cider). So say normal items are 150 GP, then you charge the person somewhere between 1000 and 1500 GP and they dig their way out. Now, the downside to this is that they will only get this Legendary for a while and not see gear.