PDA

View Full Version : DK enchant on a pally?

AxLxExX
03-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Today I saw a ret paladin running around with the titansteel destroyer that was enchanted with the Rune of the Fallen Crusader.

...how is that possible?

Optimoos
03-30-2009, 06:44 AM
Runeforging doesn't have a "binds your weapon" flag on it, so I suppose it's possible for a DK to runeforge the BoE Titansteel Destroyer then hand it over to someone else.

kolben
03-30-2009, 07:28 AM
Curious why a rune forging system hasn't been discussed for Paladins, aside from them being an original class and this being a shiny new DK thing. It would make as much sense for Paladins to do this, as it does for Death Knights. :)

I'm curious if the rune works for a non-DK though. Do they get any beneficial effect out of it or is it just a "weapon glow"?

AxLxExX
03-30-2009, 07:40 AM
No it procs all the time, he said.

Bryenne
03-30-2009, 08:43 AM
Hell, wish I had thought of that. My wife would have loved Fallen Crusader on her Fury Warrior...

I sense an incoming fix to that, runeforging will probably bind an item to the user.

zaubade
03-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Thought this post might be a flub or just somebody that was mistaken.

Tested this on a lvl 70 green ax with rune of the fallen crusader. soon as I went to engrave the ax I get a dialog with the message that the item would be bound to me if I engraved it. Thinking that perhaps the message popped but did not actauly apply I went ahead and engraved... sure enough the ax is now soul bound.

In short I say screen shot or it did not happen

Humladin
03-30-2009, 11:15 AM
It's sadly true, and a quick google search revealed how to do this.
Deathknight Runeforge Enchant for Twinks/Low Level Characters [WoW Exploit] | MMO Worlds (http://mmo-worlds.blogspot.com/2009/03/deathknight-runeforge-enchant-for.html)

zaubade
03-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Tested the exploit this works............. :(

I stand corrected. Apparently I do not have the mind of an exploiter :).....

Now do I send in a petition to explain how this is done or does Bliz already know about it?

GiANTBOMB
03-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Oh man this is gonna be awesome.

Humladin
03-30-2009, 01:27 PM
I don't think they know exactly how to do it, but report it. It's pretty lame that people have to cheat :b