PDA

View Full Version : Group Calendar alternative

Shadevarr
03-26-2009, 03:28 PM
With the programmer for GC shutting down due to Blizz's new policy on addon development my guild is left in a bad spot. We cannot stand using the in-game calendar.

Does anyone have a GC alternative that allows anyone in the guild to sign up for posted events and has a mass-invite system to it?

Fayre
03-27-2009, 05:43 AM
We used to use Guild Event Manager which was similar to GC. I'm afraid now we've moved over to the ingame calendar though - too many issues with people not understanding or using the addon correctly.

Lyco
05-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Same. Just invited everyone ( horrible I know ) and "Confirm" the players that will get a spot.

Really lacks the option for players to put a note though...

Nardonius
05-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Agreed with the annoyance of not being able to put notes in. For example, I was invited to the raids this sunday and monday. I accepted, but it would have been beneficial to put in that It was only for a tank slot, as my DPS set (or experience) is not where it needs to be for raiding. Unfortunately I'm not sure if my GM understands that, hence where the help for putting in notes would be...

I personally prefer the use of website schedulers as they provide all the options that most people want out of a scheduler as well as getting people to actually look at the website and use it (be it for getting people to read posted strats or whatever)

GravityDK
06-09-2009, 05:25 AM
We use GEM3 also. Haven't had any problems with it within our guild structure.

Guede
06-09-2009, 09:59 AM
There is a newer version of Group Calendar ... Version 4.5 that still works and has Ulduar.

There is also a v.5 which uses the ingame calendar.

GravityDK
06-09-2009, 12:01 PM
There is a newer version of Group Calendar ... Version 4.5 that still works and has Ulduar.

There is also a v.5 which uses the ingame calendar.

How do you rate it? Good/bad?

Guede
06-09-2009, 02:15 PM
v4.5 works like normal .... but v5 I havn't really messed with. I'll check it out tonight and let ya know :)

GravityDK
06-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Cool. Be interested to hear.

Guede
06-12-2009, 09:08 AM
KK ... so I tried out the new version 5

1. It is linked to the ingame calendar so any event you post in it will be added to the in-game calendar. So no more updating 2 different calendars if ya had to do GC, for the folks who had it, and the in-game, for the folks who were slackers and didn't.

2. Folks who have GC can still join an event like the older version.

3. If you create the event you can add folks from your friends list, guild members by ranks just by clicking a button and not typing out names.

Gonna have the guildies test it also and see how they like it also.

Lyco
06-12-2009, 09:22 AM
I've also downloaded GC5 and it's a gift from heaven!
The biggest improvement is that people do not need it themselves, as it is linked. Love it.

GravityDK
06-12-2009, 10:07 AM
wow that does sound good. Even lets you use blizzard Armory calendar, which is a jazzy benefit.

I blogged (http://pwnwear.com/2009/06/12/raid-calendar-management-addons/)on it.

Gdarkness
07-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Ora2 has a good feature for inviting everyone in guild of a rank and above. It even posts in Guild chat that invites are going out in 10seconds, and that they should leave their groups.

oRA2 - Addons - Curse (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/ora2.aspx)

Some other features like inviting based on Zone (for them slackers who wait for summons instead of being there at raid time) are there as well.

GravityDK
07-08-2009, 01:02 AM
My guild is swapping to GC5, thanks to Guede and others here.

Guede
07-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Anytime bro ... or sis :)

Only problem so far with it is everyones Prof cooldowns showing. I chatted with Mundocani about it and he said he'ld fix it in the next version.