PDA

View Full Version : WebDKP - Worst mod ever?

Alent
03-19-2009, 11:39 AM
So, our usual DKP guy was absent from last night's raid, and I got to do DKP.

It was an absolute disaster, as the mod itself is one of the most counterintuitive mods I've ever worked with, and it earned itself a solid place in my WTF list. In the past, whenever I've had this much trouble with a UI mod it was because I was simply overlooking something obvious, so I ask the question: Why on earth is the default option to award ~just~ the previous person to recieve loot their boss kill DKP?

veneretio
03-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Why on earth is the default option to award ~just~ the previous person to recieve loot their boss kill DKP?
Because in the past, there wasn't badges to mess this up. Once 3.1 hits and Emblems are looted simultaneously, it'll be a nice convenience again.

Krashtork
03-20-2009, 04:12 PM
I found WebDKP to be an amazingly useful and easy to use mod. You can use the "select all" button to give everyone boss kill DKP. Also, you can modify the .lua file to ignore the badge looting entirely. Makes it much smoother. Seriously though, WebDKP is a great addon once you figure it out.

Alent
03-22-2009, 12:00 PM
I set it to ignore badges before the raid, that was something we did when we first made the decision to use webdkp.

No, the problem is a procedural one, I know.

IE -

- I fire up webDKP, click select all, award start of raid DKP.

- we kill noth, I award boss kill dkp.

- autofill pops up as loot is issued, allowing me to fill in the cost of each item

- we kill Heigan, the last person to recieve loot is selected in the menu, for no discernible reason. if I fill in dkp and assign it without thinking to click select all, it will only award dkp to the last person to win an item.

(was too sick last week to track this thread, heh. >_>;)

Zevious
05-06-2010, 06:26 PM
It's been a while but have you ever resolved this?

Zevious
12-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Hey,

If anyone ever checks this thread, I've taken over ownership of webdkp.com. I've been making changes and just thought I'd let anyone know. Check it out - www.webdkp.com

Zevious

sunnybonez
12-17-2010, 07:26 AM
dont blame addons for bad players(no offence)

Eoika
12-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Old thread is old.