PDA

View Full Version : Can't access tankspot.com/forums from home

coolposter
03-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Here's what happened to me:

From home I can access tankspot.com, but when I try to click Forums, bah...timeout.

Ciderhelm fixed that by maybe removing my IP address (DHCP from Comcast) from the block list. It worked.

After a week or so, I tried to view Tankspot.com again, it worked. Clicked Forums...timeout again!

I don't think my browser type is the cause here (Opera). Then what else could be the reason? I checked Comcast's DHCP, it's pretty semi-static as I rarely get a new address.

I'm writing this post from my corpnet, no problem whatsover.

Thanks for your help!

Dubzil
03-09-2009, 04:10 PM
hmm, try different browser?

coolposter
03-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Once it timed out, none of my browser works. I have IE7 and FireFox 3 and Opera 9.6x

Mhoram
03-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Try going into Control Panel, then "Internet Options", and deleting everything in there (cookies, cached files, and so on). Do this for all your browsers. There may be some corrupted files in there that are keeping you from getting here. (The downside is you will lose saved stuff for sites that require cookies (like sites you shop at and such)).

Hmmm... Maybe look in your hosts files and see if they have a weird setting for these forums? I don't know how to find them, but you should be able to search and find them.

If all else fails, you might want to back up any bookmarks and uninstall the browser and install a fresh copy.