PDA

View Full Version : Only using a "Block Set"

Finnit
03-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Current progression includes everything up to Sarth with three Drakes. I'm one of four MT's, we also have a Pally, Druid and DK.

I decided a few months back to go really block heavy and see what happened. Shield Slams have been huge, and that's been fun, but I'm defiantly taking more damage,although with the current content and our healers, it hasn't been an issue.

I'm wondering if, going forward into Ulduar, should I work my way back to a more cookie cutter spec and even my dodge and parry out, or do you guys think I'd be fine as is?

Armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Finnit)

Petninja
03-05-2009, 12:50 PM
You said yourself you're taking more damage than before. I can't imagine that's a good thing when you're on progression content.

Anaz
03-05-2009, 03:22 PM
On the plus side you have a great set of trash gear. A few suggestions would be the belt with +hit on it from spider wing, valor cape, repelling charge trinket, heroes surrender or barricade of eternity, valor boots or thaddius/gluth expertise boots, valor bracers or unholy knight ones from instructor. Then you've got yourself a nice progression set with a fairly balanced set of parry/dodge and a reasonable amount of block too. On bosses i tend to only have about 17% block rating, 26% dodge, and 22-23% parry. works out quite well. More expertise rocks too.

chucko
03-06-2009, 06:23 PM
I tried this stacking block business and didn't like it alot, huge shield slams are fun to look at though :).