PDA

View Full Version : DK Tank spec

Boomshakalak
03-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Sorry for this question, I know it's been repeated over and over but I never seem to get the answer anywhere I look!

Can someone recommend a good tanking spec for MTing 25 man content?

I'm a death knight tank with 35k hp, 44% avoidance, 270 hit, 26 expertise, roughly 3k AP, 564 defense. All of this unbuffed! And I've been all over the forums trying to find a nice spec that works well everywhere. I've spent 5k gold on respecs now and I've had it! I want a spec I can stick with, I know it's alot about going with one you like and I personally so far love the blood tanking spec with Death Strike. It's 54/0/17 or something. I don't know it exactly. But I think it picks up the essential in their respective trees. I was into finding a good frost tank build but I find having frost strike and rune strike makes it kind of awkward choosing the right attack for the moment or saving RP for a nice rune strike but what if a dodge/parry doesn't happen and I lose tps? Yeah, well you get the picture. So please? Anyone have any suggestions at all? I know this has probably been all over all ready. Feel free to move it somewhere suitable if you want.

Thanks!

Satrina
03-05-2009, 07:07 AM
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/46395-posting-chat-rules-read-me-before-posting.html (but even so, is the forum titled "Armory & Talent Discussion" really that unclear?)

Boomshakalak
03-05-2009, 07:30 AM
So so sorry :( very new in posting etc in forums just saw "general discussion" go nuts you know, so again, sorry! :(

Satrina
03-05-2009, 10:03 AM
No harm, you'll post in the right place next time now =)

Now someone with a clue help this poor soul!

malevevely
03-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Blood is a great MT spec due to its high EH values. pre 3.1 I am using 47/14/10. Post I will be moving to a more DS heavy build. The proposed builds have been linked in a few other threads.

LokÝCea
03-06-2009, 10:46 AM
your in Full dps gear in armoury >.>

35k hp unbuffed... i would love to see your tanking gear peachez. i am well geared and am 30k, so would love to inspect you for some comparison to see where i can improve.

Boomshakalak
03-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Yeh, the armory must've caught my offgear. Was dpsing in naxx the other day. Make a lowlvl on Ragnaros or sth and whisp me some time and i'll catch up with you! :) I still seriously need some help with my spec haha. I have found that I have no problem with tanking in almost any spec I've tried so far, I'm maintanking almost all the content ingame atm except for malygos since it only requires 1 tank and I have sufficient enough gear for dps so I'm usually wanted as a dos there. The tankspec I've played with for most of my time has been blood with blood gorged, will of the necropolis and might of mograine, skipped armor in frost and went for 2% stam in unholy. AoE threat is no problem with DnD glyph+pest spam. Although I'm not sure I'm comfortable enough in my spec. I want to try something different but I can't seem to find a right one. :(