PDA

View Full Version : Please help! gear change is killing me...

oneball
03-05-2009, 07:02 AM
I have swapped out a ton of my gear recently to thing i thought were better, trying to increase my hit rating ( it was abysmal, <100 ) and trying to stay expertise and def capped, etc. well i thought i had done that and more, getting hp in there too with the essence of gossamer and still not needing a def trinket to stay capped. however, especially on bosses like patchwork, im getting railed. i have no idea where these new huge bursts of damage are coming from. what am i missing? what did i lose that i didnt notice on changing my gear? What is low, what could i change?

I am linking my armory. please help im lost...

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sargeras&n=Ttayw)

Forklift
03-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Stop worrying about hit and expertise, and try to, you know, be a tank.

Get rid of SBV bracers and shield. Get rid of +hit/+exp gem. (Really? Come on.) Get rid of fail professions. Also, get rid of your terrible healers. Finally, get GrimReaper, and tell us what exactly is happening that you're getting boned on.

Samshel
03-05-2009, 07:16 AM
i dont even know how is that you are having problems, since you have so much gear, im not as geared as you and never had problems at patchwerk, maybe is a healer problem?

oneball
03-05-2009, 07:21 AM
the healer issue could be. however, i cant change them i wanted to see if there was anything i mightve missed before i go looking elsewhere. the same sorts of issues have been happening with our main druid tank so that might be the case... either way i wanted to do some checking of my own to see if it was something I messed up. would you suggest what, jewel crafting or something as a different profession? i know they have some great bop's...

Danielm7
03-05-2009, 07:36 AM

Get rid of SBV bracers and shield. Get rid of +hit/+exp gem. (Really? Come on.) Get rid of fail professions. Also, get rid of your terrible healers. Finally, get GrimReaper, and tell us what exactly is happening that you're getting boned on.

Geez, sounds like the official forums in here...

I'd probably point to the healers as well. Using a hit/exp gem or two vs a exp/stam is not a reason for you to be wiping on patch.

Even for professions, sure herb/alch isn't really the premier tanking combo, but spending a ton to powerlevel BS/JC for the extra sockets and buffed gems probably isn't going to solve this problem either.

Since you said the druid is having issues too, check the healers for sure. Maybe one of them respecced, or swapped with a new one, maybe assignments are off, etc...

Goresaw
03-05-2009, 07:42 AM

This seems like awful advice. Welcome to, what, vanilla? Since when should tanks ignore expertise and hit? Your defensive stats are more than adequate, attempting to raise your expertise and hit to raise your threat/dps is exactly right.

I'd also say its probably your healers if the other tank is having problems. Your stats/gear level should be above and beyond what is required for patchwerk.

oneball
03-05-2009, 07:44 AM
Geez, sounds like the official forums in here...

I'd probably point to the healers as well. Using a hit/exp gem or two vs a exp/stam is not a reason for you to be wiping on patch.

Even for professions, sure herb/alch isn't really the premier tanking combo, but spending a ton to powerlevel BS/JC for the extra sockets and buffed gems probably isn't going to solve this problem either.

Since you said the druid is having issues too, check the healers for sure. Maybe one of them respecced, or swapped with a new one, maybe assignments are off, etc...
well it could be the case. the only thing i saw drop subtantially ( i was keeping track for the most part) was my block rating, hell it was up around 27% ( 23 now). that was the only real change i saw. i needed more hit because i was having problems with threat, and my expertise was more than capped ( at 30). we have had new healers come in and go, but again i wanted to make sure there wasnt a fatal flaw somewhere in my build. ty guys for all the help... i was perplexed.

one other question, would you drop essence of gossamer for a parry or dodge trinket? +111 health is nothing to scoff at but ive been suggested for that... btw i downloaded grimreaper so ill know better

Satrina
03-05-2009, 08:02 AM
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/46395-posting-chat-rules-read-me-before-posting.html

oneball
03-05-2009, 08:50 AM
my mistake...

Forklift
03-05-2009, 10:15 PM
This seems like awful advice. Welcome to, what, vanilla? Since when should tanks ignore expertise and hit? Your defensive stats are more than adequate, attempting to raise your expertise and hit to raise your threat/dps is exactly right.
I've made clear my stance on threat stats many times already. The 3.0 love for tank DPS is silly and distracting most of the time; any time a wipe occurs because the tank died, all of your extra threat/DPS stats were wasted and you should have had more survivability. Any time you wiped because you missed the enrage timer by 5 seconds, you wasted survivability stats. Guess which one happens to most people most of the time?