PDA

View Full Version : Who Honestly has the better gear here

Ringo
03-05-2009, 06:23 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Duskwood&n=Munchiess)

or

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Duskwood&n=Taulmaril)

Ancient
03-05-2009, 07:18 AM
K Guys here is my modest opinion,i think Taumaril have a litle more gear than Munchies...in the other hand i dont think any of you have the best mixes for a Warr tank ... i see a lot of pally gear there, you guys dont even have the soft cap of expertise... dont have that much avoidance,your hp its fine, your armor .. meh..
But yes you have a lot of Blockrating........

Nicki
03-05-2009, 07:48 AM
Firstly wrong forum

Munchies in theory has the best gear for survival.

spec wise Im sorry no gag order 2/3 armored to the teeth 2/3 deep wounds just looks sloppy. On the flip side no imp TC is probably worse..

Crommi
03-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Gearing is just....weird, unless they're wearing threat/SBV gear.

Talisman
03-05-2009, 02:51 PM
As with Ancient I'd give a slight nod towards Taulmaril, I think the extra avoidance, armour, hit and expertise make up for being slightly behind in health and block.

What I'm more interested in though is what this question achieves? Forgive me if I'm overly cynical but since you're both in the same guild it sounds like it's just pure e-peen flexing over the rights to who gets to be MT. If that's the case then neither of you have a clear lead.

Ringo
03-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Well, I , Munchiess am stacking expertise.

The gear just came to me from raiding and The main tank didnt want me to pass on it so i got it. I never realy wanted to get those items but i just did. (Legs, Bracers, etc)

I pull 5x more threat than taul does and we have basicly the same rotation.

We did saph(have all 25 mans on farm) on heroic last night and the normal main tank did it. He ended up dieing and what I beleive was a lack of heals and the aggro went accordingly

"Main Tank
Munchiess
Mage
Mage
Warlock
Pally
Taul"

so I was clearing going to pick it up.

we went thru, wipe. Went back in and I main tanked and the Guild Leader said that my health was too "Spikey" when it was a lack of Heals and Persistency for the healers to constantly heal the tank.

I lived, saph died, went onto tank all the adds after Taul died on KT from 30% till KT died and 1 shotted him.

Do you think My GM is right?
I could start Stacking avoidence but i would lose alot of threat.
Im hearing that all these expansion so far is for warriors is stack stam and expertise and Mitigation will come with gear.

p.s. Signet of the Accord wasnt equiped so i would have 20 expertise but i would still not be capped

Apolis
03-17-2009, 06:56 AM
The healers were taking their eye off the ball.

Some of your analysis is questionable though in the comparison between the two tanks. If you have 5x threat of the other guy he isn't going to be able to hold threat period. Additionally you should aim to collect different tanking sets and should not try to turn down items even if they aren't ideal. That said items with large amounts of avoidance or expertise fall far higher on my priority list that ones with block value.

Jayson
03-17-2009, 09:30 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Duskwood&n=Munchiess)

or

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Duskwood&n=Taulmaril)

First, you realize there is an entire forum built for Armory posts? I assure you this thread is going to get moved.

Second, nothing that people tell you here on this site is going to change what your GM thinks so it really doesn't matter. Play hard, play smart, don't fail, hope your GM notices. That's all you can do if you are commited to that guild.

That being said, if you think you are the better tank, gem/gear/enchant towards more health (if that is what your GM sees) so that you get the MT spot. Perform better than the first guy, then once you take the MT designation permanently from him... you can gem however you want.

Kazeyonoma
03-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Please read posting rules before you make new threads.

Moved.

Inaara
03-17-2009, 09:51 AM
I have the better gear.