PDA

View Full Version : Threat and Hungering cold

jeango
03-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Hi All,

I have a frost spec DK tank and I have the hungering cold talent, which can be a real life-saver at some times but which I don't use a lot under normal circumstances (except in BG :DDDD)

However I was wondering, since this is a CC, and usually CC generate aggro, could I use it as a means to build aggro on a pack of mobs? You know in those situations when D&D and HB are on CD and a pack of mobs get pulled accidentally I often feel very stupid.

Armstrong
03-04-2009, 06:05 AM
Hungering Cold generates 112 threat (the equivalent of 112 damage) divided equally between all the mobs affected (the more mobs hit, the less threat applied to each mob). In the grand scheme of things this is a rather insignificant amount.

However in the situation you described the CC part of the ability is still useful at least to prevent the mobs from going after other party members until Howling Blast comes off cooldown. The Frost Fever ticks and subsequent double damage from Howling Blast together should pretty much guarantee that the mobs will stay on you from that point on.

You can refer to this thread (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f200/40485-death-knight-threat-values.html) for DK threat values.