PDA

View Full Version : Am I ready to OT 10 man?

Barackstar
03-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Title says it all. I'm 5 valor badges away from the cloak and am currently leveling JC to pick up the trinket and gems, I also plan to get the H AN trinket and the H OK bracers.

Armory The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&n=Barackstar)

Krovacs
03-03-2009, 07:08 PM
"Plan to do this" and "Plan to do that" are not the same as "I have these things."

Plus a link to your armory would be very helpful.

Barackstar
03-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Rofl i totally forgot to paste that in there

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&n=Barackstar)

Kazeyonoma
03-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Please read posting rules before you make a new thread.

This belongs in the Armory and Talents Suggestion forum.

Moved.

Barackstar
03-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Sorry about that, i read them, well skimmed over but missed that one.

Anselme
03-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Are you ready to tank anything is the better question. To answer, no. Not at all.

Your defense is still too low to tank Heroics without eating a crit every so often. Also I notice you're gemming for parry over additional defense rating. This is a real bad decision considering you're not defense capped at the moment (To add to this, never gem for parry. You receive much more gemming for dodge instead). You can say you "plan" to craft the trinkets and pick up such and such items though that is all moot if you are not uncrittable.

Your main focus right now should be reaching 540 (530 with the Unfaltering Knight sigil). THEN you can work on your avoidance. Once you reach about 25% Dodge and 15% parry only then should you begin gemming and enchanting for stamina.

Good luck on getting the drops and hopefully you can craft those items soon!

Barackstar
03-04-2009, 04:59 AM
I have the defense sigil but didn't equip it before i logged if you factor in this I am at 536, what I meant is that I will have the backpiece before attempting to OT 10 man and if just the item still does not push me over ill put titan weave on it. I listed the other so that people would know that i know where my easy upgrades are.

LokÝCea
03-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Id say no. just get 540 def over everything else and then go from there.

malevevely
03-05-2009, 07:10 AM
You should not rely on the tanking sigil for defense. If your IT drops off the target you will probably be crit. This is an unnecessary risk, just get 540 def from gear it is really very easy in this content, I had 540 def as soon as I hit 80 and I was a dps.

Barackstar
03-05-2009, 05:44 PM
You should not rely on the tanking sigil for defense. If your IT drops off the target you will probably be crit. This is an unnecessary risk, just get 540 def from gear it is really very easy in this content, I had 540 def as soon as I hit 80 and I was a dps.

Yea, if i can ever get the HoL trinket to drop for me ill be fine but as of now loken hates me