PDA

View Full Version : About to start raiding - need help with speccing

monso
03-03-2009, 01:06 AM
hi,

i am a prot warrior and have pretty comprensively covered heroics and all i really need now is bracers of the herald and some new shoulders.

i plan to start raiding this weekend and generally want any gear advice plus, most importantly, spec advice.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Monsolas)

atm i am specced mostly for dps/aoe threat but im wondering if some more survivability stuff like improved spell reflect or improved disciplines would be good?

also how should i be gemming/enchanting etc? i sort of just wing that stuff

any advice would be appreciated

Ferag
03-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Your spec is perfect. The two points in Cruelty can always be moved elsewhere, depending on your preference really.

Your gems seem right on to me (although I have yet to read anything on Tankspot about gems), I usually just go for the socket bonus, stamina in blue sockets and expertise/stamina in red, defense/stamina in yellow. Not sure if that is optimal but that's what I do.

Enchants seem alright. I would reokace the enchant on your gloves with Armsman as it is much better. The shoulder enchant you have can be upgraded through Sons of Hodir rep or Aldor/Scryer rep if you have them already.

I just realized that you're not defense capped. You must get 540 defense to raid or you will be crit eventually and you'll probably die. Of course that will happen at the worst possible moment. An easy way to get defense capped is enchanting your Shoulders with one of the above mentioned enchants or enchanting your cloak with +16 defense.

Good luck with your raiding.