PDA

View Full Version : DK Tank looking for possible tips and advice :)

Deraeos
03-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Hello there. I've been a long time reader to these forums. I am currently in a guild that has been cleared of all current content(aside from 3D Sarth, which should be down this week). We've had two of our current tanks recently server transfer to accomodate their schedules accordingly. I have been recently asked to tank, as I've had experience tanking on my warrior throughout Black Temple in BC.

My Armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kirin+Tor&n=Xeroe)

I know I'm missing a couple pieces of gear (ie. Legs off of Maly, and getting my Valourous tokens). Im currently sitting at 31.4k health, 28.6 Armor, and just over 60% avoidence unbuffed in frost presence.

What my questions are:

1) Is my avoidence at the point where Bone Shield is "effectively" superior to Unbreakable Armor, or would I be better off to Venture into a frost or blood build?

2) Is the 4 piece bonus worth it, or am I better off supplimenting in other gear for gains in avoidence/threat?

3) Would I be better off dropping the defence trinket, picking up the RoSG for my weapon, and using a different trinket?

Once again, thank you for your time, and I hope to recieve some constructive advice :)

Anselme
03-02-2009, 06:20 PM
1. Yes, your avoidance is to the point where Bone Shield will have an average uptime of about 45sec-1min.

2. I find the 4pc bonus worth it, though others may contest this. An extra 3 seconds of IBF is pretty nice when you're Unholy or Blood and can't reach so far into Frost for GoG.

3. Would you be better off? Really depends on your personal preference. Swordshattering is not affected by DR so its a flat 4% boost to your parry always. Not to mention that repelling charge's "Use on" effect is pretty handy in those "OH SH*T" situations. If you do switch to RotSG use the Valor Medal badge reward. Your dodge is a little low at the moment.

Musick
03-03-2009, 12:53 PM
....Swordshattering is not affected by DR so its a flat 4% boost to your parry always.... this is true; but it should be added that rune of stoneskin gargoyle is not effected by DR either.