PDA

View Full Version : Need some feedback on my spec please

Blackjade
02-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&n=Blackjade)

I Have been Tanking now for just over a month and was wondering if anyone with a lot of knowledge could give me some advice.

first things first. the reason I speced the way i did.

I got the important stuff from unholy (5%Dodge/DnD/Epidemic/Imp Grip) those are staples in any tank spec from what I can tell. Then I decided to get the extra 6% Stam/Str in the blood tree and the ability to heal myself (Which has saved my butt too many time not to get it.) then I decided I needed Lichborn and Unbreakable Armor in Frost so I speced up to that.

My only problem was my over all single target dps (And threat more importantly) seems to be suffering, in a few of the 25man content I keep seeing the top dps right on my butt in threat and have lost a mob due to that. (I'm usally ok when there are a pack of trash and i can bounce pestlence and frost blast) but there's some fights that is not possable on (Patchwork)

Any ideas to help incress my Threat?

Blackjade
03-02-2009, 08:19 AM
I could really use some advice on this matter.

Delthram
03-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Well for one I would recommend removing the points that you have in Icy Talons. This is, for most, considered a waste of talents since the haste doesn't really do much for DK threat or damage. I would recommend that you focus a bit more on Annihilation since the extra crit is great for threat. I've also found that reaching that far into the blood tree for the Rune Tap isn't very important, especially since you can simply summon a ghoul and sacrafice him for a good 10-12k hp. It does have a 2 min. CD on it but if you're needing it more than that then your healers aren't doing their jobs. I personally prefer to have Frost Strike since it's a very high hitting runic dump. When it comes to single target tanking this is the ability to cements me at the top of the aggro list. It crits often and does good damage. Now the downside to this is that it's all frost related so some elementals will be immune to you. I've found this to be few and far between. The biggest problem would be running Old Kingdom.

jb7090
03-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&n=Blackjade)

I Have been Tanking now for just over a month and was wondering if anyone with a lot of knowledge could give me some advice.

first things first. the reason I speced the way i did.

I got the important stuff from unholy (5%Dodge/DnD/Epidemic/Imp Grip) those are staples in any tank spec from what I can tell. Then I decided to get the extra 6% Stam/Str in the blood tree and the ability to heal myself (Which has saved my butt too many time not to get it.) then I decided I needed Lichborn and Unbreakable Armor in Frost so I speced up to that.

My only problem was my over all single target dps (And threat more importantly) seems to be suffering, in a few of the 25man content I keep seeing the top dps right on my butt in threat and have lost a mob due to that. (I'm usally ok when there are a pack of trash and i can bounce pestlence and frost blast) but there's some fights that is not possable on (Patchwork)

Any ideas to help incress my Threat?

If you want to stay frost, i reccommend this build
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/deathknight/talents.html?tal=005500000000000000000000000325050 51305320103010051013500052000000000000000000000000 00

That was prettymuch my spec when i was frost. Youre trying to dabble in to many talent trees, pick one and focus on it. Also, start dropping stam for avoidance stats. Sure youve got boatloads of HP, but your avoidance is a little low considering the gear level youre at. You and I are at around the same gear level, youve actually got better than i do in a few slots, yet ive got about 4% more dodge and 1% more parry unbuffed than you. Thats alot of avoidance AND alot of rune strikes youre not getting. Specifically dump that ruby hare trinket, get the valor medal from badges then gem for pure defense, its our best avoidance stat since it increases dodge, parry and miss chance and it affects IBF's as well.