PDA

View Full Version : Gearing up, the next step

korenwolf
02-27-2009, 02:12 AM
Thanks to the advice from here I've altered my enchants and kit, assuming I'm understanding the numbers properly I'm now slightly over the def cap and running with 24k HP (unbuffed). Not too bad, we're handling heroics without much of a problem but I know I'm giving the healers a bit of stress particularly with the multi-elite trash pulls where I get 3-4 on me at once and their combined damage makes for a significant spike.

So... better dodge or stam and where should I be looking for kit / changes (I'm currently grinding emblems and Kirin Tor rep for the gloves).

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Earthen+Ring&n=Korenwolf)

thanks

NexsusTheFrostDeathKnight
02-27-2009, 02:50 AM
546, your slightly over raid cap, so your uncrittable! yay! :D If you can go into drak'theron keep and grab the sword of courage, I've heard it's best pre naxx tank weapon.
After Drak'theron head for Azjol Nerub, learn the gimic fights, and grab essence of gossamar, nice 111+stamina trinket.

I'd look into stamina if I were you, as a paladin your gaining large block chance, so aim for a nice 28k hp, and you should become golden for heroics.

I know little about end game paladin tanking so forgive me if I'm wrong but, Shouldn't you have reckoning/improved judgements? or benediction? for less costly shield spells.

Arklay
02-27-2009, 03:10 AM
mmm the red sword is from heroic UP, not DTK
if u are into heroics so go ahead and get Bolstered Legplates from H VH
Ancient Aligned Girdle from AN
Horn-Tipped Gauntlets from DTK are freaking sweet
Ziggurat Imprinted Chestguard from DTK too
Sabatons of Draconic Vigor from wyrmrest accord rep

or u can use:

http://www.lootrank.com/wr.asp?Cla=2&Art=1&s2=1.9&Gem=3&Str=90&Arm=6&mh=60&dps=150&Sta=106&bar=6&mcr=40&Agi=102&Def=124&mhit=60&Dod=136&blv=65&map=40&blr=12&par=109&arp=1&Exp=90&Ver=6&i1=0&i2=0&i3=0&i7=0&i8=0&i9=0

to give u some reference

if ur healers are having trouble on keeping u alive with trash u should aim for Avoidance

headknocker
02-27-2009, 03:43 AM
You're definitely gearing up nicely. See you're still a bit attached to your pvp gear though :-). Heroic VH would be the one I'd suggest running atm. Basically you can get your leg upgrades and potentially the laventhor's talisman which is a nice block trinket. Grinding OK for bracers of the herald and h AN (just remember to bring someone that can cleanse) for the belt and the gossamer trinket. If you're comfortable with your multi-mob ability do h UP for the red sword and the belt from skadi. If neither of the belts drop for you just buy the badge belt. If you get one of the belt drops, I'd save you badges for the t7 chestpiece which shouldn't take you more than a weeks worth of 'easy' heroics to get. I used the medal of valor a lot for melee heavy fights at your gear level (first pair was seal and valor, switched to laventhor's and valor as defense increased).

korenwolf
02-27-2009, 05:40 AM
mmm the red sword is from heroic UP, not DTK
if u are into heroics so go ahead and get Bolstered Legplates from H VH
Ancient Aligned Girdle from AN
Horn-Tipped Gauntlets from DTK are freaking sweet
Ziggurat Imprinted Chestguard from DTK too
Sabatons of Draconic Vigor from wyrmrest accord rep

if ur healers are having trouble on keeping u alive with trash u should aim for Avoidance

I sense yet more heroic runs in my near future :) Thanks.

korenwolf
02-27-2009, 05:42 AM
You're definitely gearing up nicely. See you're still a bit attached to your pvp gear though :-). Heroic VH would be the one I'd suggest running atm. Basically you can get your leg upgrades and potentially the laventhor's talisman which is a nice block trinket. Grinding OK for bracers of the herald and h AN (just remember to bring someone that can cleanse) for the belt and the gossamer trinket. If you're comfortable with your multi-mob ability do h UP for the red sword and the belt from skadi. If neither of the belts drop for you just buy the badge belt. If you get one of the belt drops, I'd save you badges for the t7 chestpiece which shouldn't take you more than a weeks worth of 'easy' heroics to get. I used the medal of valor a lot for melee heavy fights at your gear level (first pair was seal and valor, switched to laventhor's and valor as defense increased).

Well not so much attached as "not managed to replace yet" :) Cleansing isn't a problem as our current group is "plate heavy" (4 paladins and a warrior, which does make things a little more interesting on the ranged / dps side of things)

VH will be a nice one to run as it's relatively quick so there's a chance of that and another instance in a night.

Thanks again for the help.

BoJlk
03-01-2009, 01:51 AM
I live by one single rule "After Defense Cap, stamina is king"