PDA

View Full Version : Prot pally looking for critique

Camulos
02-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Take a look folks and tell me what you think.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Velen&n=Camulos)

And always, thanks!

headknocker
02-27-2009, 11:50 AM
So, you're in the zone, I'd probably tweak a bit:
- Trinkets. get all of laventhor's talisman (h vh) valor medal (badge) essense of gossamer (h AN). swap depending on the fight. You're actually over the hit cap and pally's just don't get the kind of returns on hit that warriors do. If the naxx def trinket drops, pick that up too.
- Do heroic OK until you get the bracers off the last guy (if you're guildies get tired of it, you can get to the last boss just doing 1 interim boss (the vampire dude) rather than the whole instance.
- Get your kirin tor over the line to exalted and buy the fire proven gauntlets or buy the t7 gloves. T7 is better if you have the badges.

I'm a fan of pursuit of justice it just makes so many fights easier (particularly anub rekan in naxx). Its a personal choice as you're talents cover all the necessaries, but might be worth an experiment for you. If you generally run with a ret pally your points in crusader aren't going to give you much return.

Camulos
02-27-2009, 06:53 PM
So, you're in the zone, I'd probably tweak a bit:
- Trinkets. get all of laventhor's talisman (h vh) valor medal (badge) essense of gossamer (h AN). swap depending on the fight. You're actually over the hit cap and pally's just don't get the kind of returns on hit that warriors do. If the naxx def trinket drops, pick that up too.
- Do heroic OK until you get the bracers off the last guy (if you're guildies get tired of it, you can get to the last boss just doing 1 interim boss (the vampire dude) rather than the whole instance.
- Get your kirin tor over the line to exalted and buy the fire proven gauntlets or buy the t7 gloves. T7 is better if you have the badges.

I'm a fan of pursuit of justice it just makes so many fights easier (particularly anub rekan in naxx). Its a personal choice as you're talents cover all the necessaries, but might be worth an experiment for you. If you generally run with a ret pally your points in crusader aren't going to give you much return.

Thanks much for your input. For some reason I cant seem to get new bracers or gloves...sucks.
I will work on the rest of your suggestions for gear. I actually just specced out of PoJ to get Crusader...think I will specc back as I usually do have a ret pally with me =)

Thanks!