PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Trouble - Whats new?

andrij
02-26-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm trying to improve as a tank, but in my guild, i am pretty much the only warrior tank. Please let me know if you see any glaring problems...Having some trouble with tps, same as most warrior tanks atm (until we get the rage buff in 3.1.0 i hope), right now i do over 3-3.5k tps on average, certain bosses as high as 4-4.5k - Am I hitting a "threat cap"? Can i still pump out more? I always use elixer of mighty fortitude and elixer of expertise, and im about 9 off hit cap because of a recent gear change... Let me know if you have any suggestions.

This is last WWS from our last attempt at an Immortal run (so dps is a little lower for our high hitters, but my tanking is the same as always, sadly - we failed on saph when 1 person died during ice block)
Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/632wpqxljbbdi?s=bosses&a=x1c8c715)

Here is my current gearset. I switch a fwe things out if i need the stam/hp, but threat is my most important thing to work on atm. Ive done all raid content, including 25man OS 3d so if you have any specific boss suggestions, I will know what you are talking about! :)
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&n=Andrinn)

Please help! Thanks

oh and i dont necessarily use a rotation, I use a priority system incorporating my ShieldSlam/Revenge macro (hits whichever is off CD, so if revenge procs, I hit it nearly instantly - and shield slam has priority however, so if it procs, its the first one to go.

Priority List:
Shield Slam/Revenge
Devastate (until 5 stacks) - only after to renew CD
Heroic Strike
Thunderclap
Concussion Blow
Shockwave
Heroic Throw

And I always start off with my macro buff (and hit every minute) with bloodrage, commanding shout, shield block (since they share a 1 minute CD anyway, saves time to click one macro).

And yes, I have read all the forums, countless posts, articles, and frankly, one definitive guide is never complete. Ive pulled as much as I can out of what I have learned from others, and from theorycrafting and trying different specs myself, and this is what I ended with, due to the threat output, and damage mitigation. Please let me know if you have any ideas