PDA

View Full Version : DK frost tanking heroic starting stats?

BattleFreak
02-26-2009, 08:18 AM
What would be the starting stats for frost tanks?

I am already def capped, so I tried getting in a heroic. A priest in the group said I'm too low in health and left.

I have 20k unbuffed (with frost presence on) and around 23k grouped buffed. So what do I need to get unbuffed on stats to tank heroics better, before I get heroic gear? I already know about some gear that I can get outside of heroics, I'm still working on some.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&n=Voltina)
(armory is bugging out right now)

xKhellendrosx
02-26-2009, 08:20 AM
You're probably fine at those stats if you manage your cooldowns, just start out with some of the easier heroics initially.

Optimoos
02-26-2009, 08:21 AM
For starting heroics, low 20k is fine. The key is being uncrittable, which you say you are. The healer is just looking for an easy way out and wants to run with an overgeared tank - you will be more difficult to heal but should not truly cause any severe issues. Just make sure you're queuing up for the "easier" heroics to start... avoid the Azjol's, HoL, and UP. UK, CoT, Nexus, and HoS are all pretty straightforward and shouldn't pose you any issues.