PDA

View Full Version : Thaddius DPS

f14flier7
02-26-2009, 04:51 AM
My guild has FINALLY made it through Patchwerk. We have destroyed Gluth and Grobbulus, but we have hit another stopping point on Thaddius.

Our DPS is WAY off the curve (he consistently enrages at about 22% on us). Any words of advice for our DPS to step it up to the next level?

Here is the log: WoW Meter Online - Combatlog Replay in Engrish (http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/2004463#realtime)

Anyone else have issues with reaching the enrage timer? I thought Patchwerk was the DPS/Gear checker.

Bulk
02-26-2009, 06:05 AM
You have to make sure every single person on either side of him is grouped up on top of each other, that includes ranged, healers, whoever. If you dont all have all the stacked charge buff, you're going to find it very hard to beat the timer.

phaze
02-26-2009, 06:25 AM
Who hit who (http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/2004463#whohitwho) - scroll to the bottom, to 'Hits by mistake'.

Make those numbers go away.

f14flier7
02-26-2009, 07:15 AM
We consistently had 8-9 stacks of the polarity and we still missed the timer by 22%. Does anyone have a log of a recently cleared Naxx guild?

Yarock
02-26-2009, 07:25 AM
If nobody died and everybody was stacked I don't see how you could possibly miss the timer. Did you bring 10 tanks? Are your dps in all greens? I can remember wiping when we first went to naxx on thaddius but not for lack of DPS just because people didn't move when they're supposed to and they died leaving you short 1 dps and 1 buff stack for half the raid.

Glaive
02-26-2009, 07:35 AM
We only have Thaddius, Sapphiron and Kel left in Naxx 25.

I dont have a updated log forgot to parse it yesterday night, but since we are going again tonight I'll try and parse one for you to see.

We wipe on him because of the enrage timer ( the agony!!! ) at 4% life left.

Sad? yes, Frustrating?, you bet!, Infuriating? just couldnt be any worse I guess....

Fact of the matter is that even with most people stacked together, the more ranged classes still have to stay a quite a tad away from the melee ones.

Of late it looks as if his hitbox has been somewhat shrunk or at least modified for some reason? I remember that the first few tries we did, melee was able to hit from further away than they can now apparently.

Anyhow, the average DPS output of the DPS in our guild is 3.3K DPS ( with 2 Mages, 1 Lock, 2 Rogues, and 2 surv hunters breaking the 5K DPS barrier just barely ). This should be enough apparently, but it is not, we still get our heads handed over on a silver platter at the anoying 4% mark.

Im assuming more than a stacking issue is at stake here, so like others here Im wondering if we have enough dps.

Any thoughts?

( Btw, before anyone asks, no Im not main taking him or even offtanking him with this character, and when I go Im one of the ranged DPS, and even as ranged it seems strange to have to stand so far away and yet close combat dpsers need to stand so close to him).

f14flier7
02-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Ya, that's what I'm not understanding. We had 2 people die, but that was a tank and healer. How many DPS'ers do you guys typically have in your raid(s)? We had 5/6 healers and 3 tanks. So we had a solid 14 er so DPS.

Erichilles
02-26-2009, 07:44 AM
We consistently had 8-9 stacks of the polarity and we still missed the timer by 22%. Does anyone have a log of a recently cleared Naxx guild?
the stacks are divided equally. in a 25 man raid there should be 12/13 stacks at a time. 8-9 means you were missing about 5 people?

Glaive
02-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Ya, that's what I'm not understanding. We had 2 people die, but that was a tank and healer. How many DPS'ers do you guys typically have in your raid(s)? We had 5/6 healers and 3 tanks. So we had a solid 14 er so DPS.

We only use two Tanks ( Paladin & Warrior ) for all of the 25 man content.

The usual Healer group composition is 6 healers, 2 shamans, 2 priests, 1 or 2 Holy Paladin, and 1 or 2 Druid Trees. Sometimes we may bring a 7th healer but its very rare.

The rest of the raid is DPS, so that makes it a minimum of 16 and a maximum of 17 DPS composed of aproximately 50% close combat and 50% ranged dps.

The close combat DPS are rogues, Warriors, one Death Knight ( not very often included this class in our raids ), and Retribution Paladins.

The ranged DPS are Mages, Locks, one shamman, and two survival hunters.

Mambo
02-26-2009, 10:52 AM
The bottom line is to keep everyone alive and stacked up. Looks like some of your bottom end dps'ers could use some work too. Good luck!

Nayre
02-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Looking at that metre, your DPS seem to be way low. You had a prot warrior with 3.2k DPS sitting at 10th on DPS, with 2 DKs and a rogue below him. Then below the next prot warrior you had an elemental shaman doing all of 768 DPS.

Your top 9 actual DPS were doing alright (especially the top 5), but you just had way too many people below 3.5-4k, it seems like, and too many people hitting each other with charges. If you can fix the latter of these problems, chances are you'll be fine, and they can work on improving their DPS.

Bulk
02-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Thad's hitbox is pretty large, there is no reason what so ever that ranged and mele cant be on top of each other - bunch up. You should have 12/13 stacks as someone said erlier, any less and I'm afraid you're doing it wrong or to many people are dying.

Glaive
02-26-2009, 05:03 PM
As promisssed here is the combat log file for Thaddius tonight.

I must say we finally downed him.

We got as far as 6 stacks of the charges per player.

Again, this is not my main raiding character, on this log Im one of the hunters shown ( number 2 dps spot on log ).
Thaddius - Naxx 25 Man

By the way, I think it is important to note the fact that between recount in-game dps data and WWS there appears to be almost 1K DPS difference.

Recount for this fight showed all of the dps doing 1K DPS less than stated on the WWS log so I assume WWS deals with unmitigated DPS, while recount accounts for the mitigation loss.

Hope this helps you some.