PDA

View Full Version : 57 warrior is frustrated

evildjbomb
02-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Hey guys I'm rolling a 57 tauren The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uther&n=Djbomb) and I'm frustrated with my PvE experience. I've been getting pwned by mobs and quest locked b/c I can't do some of them w/o getting effed up. How should I respec my warrior to start having fun again. I have about 800 gold for new gear. Can you guys help me out or point me in the right direction?

Sincerely,
bomb

Ady
02-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Dj, I'm no expert but if you are going arms look for strength, agility,stamina. Trinkets give you good boosts, the ones you have will not really help you. wowhead will help you identify quests to get upgrades for these. Try to keep your gear updated, pay a regular visit to the AH and upgrade it, also use auctioneer add on it will help you make g in the long run.
Go to the Blizz forums and read the warrior specific stickies, it will cost 30 mins now but save you time in the long run. It will give talent specs and advice on rotations.
Gear with dodge, parry etc is for prot, look for strength and crit.
If you havent got questhelper add on get it, it will decrease your levelling time, especially with outland looming.
Enchant your gear to improve it further,don't enchant gear you will be changing soon though, you waste g that way.
Join up and do group quests and instance, they have good rewards.
Enjoy it, people will help, if you can find a decent guild they will give advice and help you.
Apologies if any of this is noddy but hey just trying to help any further advice just ask.

Muffin Man
02-26-2009, 02:05 AM
I dunno about respeccing. I leveled as arms and loved it, until I decided to live in dungeons and leveled as prot that way.

One gear advice I'd give you is to get this amazing trinket (for the level):
Rune of the Guard Captain - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=19120)

Mainly your problem is gear. Gear in the old world is really hard to get. If you want to stay as arms, go PvP some and pick this up: Ice Barbed Spear - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=19106)

After that just grit your teeth and get that last level to get to outland. Then if you've got a buddy to run around with, you'll find that Outland quest rewards are much better designed (ie they'll give you something you'll actually want to keep). If you don't have a buddy to run around outland with, some of those quests will be pretty hard to do at lvl 58 as a warning.

Brucimus
02-26-2009, 05:24 AM
Dude....57 is the worst level in the game. Level up to 58. Go to Outlands and start doing quests around hellfire and you will see your stats gear go up fast. Outlands is when Blizzard finally started itemizing gear much better than in Vanilla WoW

Being an arms warrior is a good way to go. Strength,Crit, Hit, Stam Agility are what you are looking for.

edit add.

Start learning how to tank. Pugging heroics as a dps warrior sucks. The only way people want you is to tank. Versatility is key unless you are in a big guild who plans on running you through stuff

Howitzer1
02-26-2009, 06:16 PM
I started leveling as Arms and I thought being a warrior was pretty fun. I saw some big crits and could kill things fast. However, at certain times (like multiple mobs) I was taking quite a bit of damage and at times dying.

My solution was to spec Protection. Not only to be able to get into dungeons (which I did little of leveling up) but for survivability. I RARELY died after switching to prot and quite honestly, with improved revenge and concussion blow mobs still drop like flies. I actually leveled faster as protection being able to taken on many mobs with ease.

I'd suggest giving Prot a try. I fell in love with it after that and will never go back! (well at least till dual-specs come out next patch =P )

Interpretor
02-26-2009, 06:22 PM
I had an absolute horrible time leveling up as arms and fury. I leveled up 1-80 as prot lol. It wasnt bad, you can solo all the group quests and gather and kill quests you just round everything up and basicly AoE them down with what AoE you have may it be shockwave, thunderclap, consicrate, swipes whatever. But i went from 60-70 in 2 weeks and 70-80 in 6 days both as prot.

Petninja
02-26-2009, 06:38 PM
I leveled mostly as fury Dual Wielding "Mugs O Hurt" after like 42 until I found something else to replace them, and was only arms for like 3 levels. If you haven't tried prot yet, buy a nice shield and a 1h weapon and give it a shot. It's actually a lot of fun, and is a good skill to learn because some time in your life you will probably have to tank. It's part of being a warrior.

Durandro
02-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Grit your teeth. The pain will soon be over.

Leveling a Warrior can be stressful at times, but you're getting to the stage where you become neigh-unkillable while questing. So stick with it, and get yourself to Hellfire asap (hell, go now and level up killing some trash if you're reasonably close).

Nayre
02-27-2009, 03:03 AM
Best solution that I've actually found at level 57 is to go to outlands (get a 'lock to summon you or a mage to port you). Specifically, there are a bunch of demons just on the Dark Portal side of the mountains in Hellfire. They'll deal some crushing damage, but are very easy to kill, and give much better exp. Did that on both my warrior and my 'lock, and I'm about to do it on my boomkin. Made that level actually one of the easier ones in the 50s.

Signpost
02-27-2009, 03:04 AM
You are one level away from:
A) Free decent gear
B) Fast leveling to 60 where you get BLAAAADDDDESTOOOOORRMMM
C)BLAAAAAADDDEESTOOOOOOOOOOORRRRMMM!!!!
Best way I found to level through the levels your at is with arms using THIS (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LGbcbfIp00rRcrRh) spec(axe spec because there are a lot of axes/polearms in Outland and Northrend).

To kill mobs- Start every battle with rend, if there is more than one mob rend both of them. REND should be up at all times because it makes your best friend, OVERPOWER, pop! With unrelenting assault and rend on multiple targets and the glyph you will be spamming the hell out of your overpower key.

Single target: Rend>Overpower>Execute>Mortal strike>Heroic Strike
Multiple targets: Rend>Sweeping strikes>Overpower>Whirlwind>Cleave
and of course BLAAAADDDDESTOOOOORRMMM!!!!!!!

I would say get Overpower Glyph the Sweeping Strikes Glyph. Then either get the cleave, whirlwind, or heroic strike glyph.

next talents should be: wrecking crew5/5-> Bladestorm1/1-> Cruelty 5/5-> Bloodrage 2/2-> Improved Thunderclap 3/3-> incite 5/5->