PDA

View Full Version : Livid DPS Rant.

AxLxExX
02-25-2009, 09:07 PM
So tonight we went into naxx10 with 2 beefy tanks. AKA they're both geared through naxx25. I went in as dps, because I went dps about a month ago for the guild.

So we did Noth or w/e, and he dropped Plague-Impervious Boots - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39234)

I said in vent "So if neither of you tank types want that, I'd really like it"
Because my old main spec was tanking, and as a favor I went dps.

The MT kept saying "Yeah I think I'm gonna take those." He's wearing Inexorable Sabatons - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39717).

Now I know that as dps I cannot say anything because of it. But why god why would you ever take those over the naxx25 boots.

He has good avoidance. I'm pissed.

I know I'm wrong, but still. Rant.

Kedearian
02-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Plauge-impervious are more avoidance, for some fights, like patchwerk, that's more important. Usually if a tank wants a piece of gear it's for a reason, and you really shouldn't complain when someone wants a piece of gear for their main spec over your off spec, because as you stated, your now dps.

Ked

dyls
02-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Plague impervious are better, it's as simple as that. This is an opinion of course, but I really do think that, and if I think it, there's a good chance that tank thought it, too. And even if he doesn't consider them 'better', he undoubtedly thinks they are 'different', and as you know, good tanks prepare for many situations, one of which, again undoubtedly, those boots are better suited to.

Anyway, sorry it happened, I know it bites, but that's the price to pay for letting another person do your job :)

AxLxExX
02-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Like I said, I know I'm wrong. I just wish everyone thought like I did about loot.

Darksend
02-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Like I said, I know I'm wrong. I just wish everyone thought like I did about loot.

you mean "But why god why would you ever take those over the naxx25 boots." and that if it is a higher ilvl it must be better?

because the 10 man loot is way better itemized and as a result the better item despite dropping in a 10 man and being 13 ilvls lowers

that said, the best tanking boots in the game for survival are the badge boots

BoJlk
02-26-2009, 12:08 AM
It Bites, one thing i don't agree with you is?
Next time you go healer you'll be pissed at those who would want Retribution / Protection gear.

Muffin Man
02-26-2009, 01:52 AM

Inexorable Sabatons are pretty bad. They have very low stamina and defense for ilvl 213. So the one socket ends up filling one or the other gap (or both half way). Then you're just left with block (value and rating). That's great for trash and good for some bosses. But I never wear mine for a hard boss (ie Pathwerk, any of the spiders, ect)

If it was really a downgrade then I could sympathize with you wishing he were nicer. But this is in *no way* a downgrade.

A similar situation happened to me. T7 gloves dropped. I really don't like them, I already have the 2 set bonus and view Horn Tipped as better (even though I should really take both for different fights). I was the only one who did have T7 gloves mainspec. Shammy keeps badgering me saying how he really needs them for his offspec and how if I'm not going to wear T7 much I should just pass them.

Anyways he happened to be in guild so I very grudgingly passed to him just to shut him up. But they are more survivable for when I'm tanking drakes on +2 (and hopefully +3) attemps than what I was wearing. He just wanted them for his offspec and didn't care that they were something I actually could have used for mainspec (even if it isn't 100% of the time).

Karma conclusion: the next day I won the T7.5 gloves.