PDA

View Full Version : /facepalm moment

Halandir
02-25-2009, 03:05 PM
so the office I work in deals with Federally protected documents... today this guy came in and needed a form printed. I accidentally printed the wrong form initially, so I printed the second correct form. Since the first form had sensitive information on it, when he went to throw it in the trash I said:

"Hey if you don't want that I'll shard it for you."

definitely meant shred.

/facepalm

Optimoos
02-25-2009, 03:07 PM
What kind of enchanting loot do you get from sharding sensitive documents?

Bookie
02-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Meh, just some federal dust.

Rennadrel
02-26-2009, 10:52 PM
What kind of enchanting loot do you get from sharding sensitive documents?
Mats for Darkmooon Cards maybe?

Machus
03-01-2009, 06:31 PM
I have to be careful not to offer workmates portals at the end of meetings.

Whitegold
03-01-2009, 06:58 PM
I tried to press "push to talk" on the phone the other day. I actually held down "ctrl" on the keyboard.

Recab
03-02-2009, 08:10 AM
^ I do that all the time. It's a horrible habit.

Bryenne
03-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Another instance of WoW IRL.

We had a party a couple weekends ago, and when it was time for a couple to leave, they promptly said "alright, we're hearthing, thanks for the party."

Jalousie
03-02-2009, 02:16 PM
When using MSN or AOL I automatically hit / before I type a sentence.
Also, earlier today in response to a friend winding me up I said, "Don't make me shield slam you, bitch."

Khue
03-02-2009, 02:24 PM
A friend of mine forwarded a raid strategy to a major ISP by mistake instead of the revised business proposal for new service of a WAN implementation. He got several questions...

Petninja
03-02-2009, 03:36 PM
A friend of mine forwarded a raid strategy to a major ISP by mistake instead of the revised business proposal for new service of a WAN implementation. He got several questions...

"Dear Mr. Watson, the board has always appreciated your input on important matters like WAN implementation so we are reading over your proposal. We feel that many of your new tactics you have presented are fresh and unique, and have stumped many of the boards members. Perhaps you can explain to us what you mean by 'kiting', 'tanks', and this hypothetical 'dance' with your friend Mr. Heigan. Your proposal also seems to make frequent references to death and healing, which we are completely lost on. In fact, the only thing we could even make sense of was the word 'RAID' and we can't figure out how hard drive architecture has nearly as much importance in WAN implementation as what you place on it. Lastly, 8pm server time is not an acceptable time frame for any kind of business meeting and we will have to move it to around noon. Thank you for your report."

Kazeyonoma
03-02-2009, 04:55 PM
lol nice.

Halandir
03-02-2009, 05:00 PM
a couple who are good friends of mine have several young kids... who all play WOW to some degree. The best blooper to date was...

(upon seeing a midget in the store) Mommy, is that a dwarf or a gnome?

skypilot870
03-02-2009, 05:02 PM
So the other morning I was sleeping in after a late night of naxx raiding and when my girlfriend tried to wake me up in my half-asleep half awake state, I told her that I couldn't wake up yet cause my cooldowns weren't up...

Tatt
03-02-2009, 05:40 PM
I have quoted the price of vehicles in gold instead of dollars.....

tillara
03-03-2009, 04:00 AM
i found myself expecting to see the little cogwheel icon hovering over a crate once.......

i definately need to get out more, do you think i can find a babysitter in the trade channel?

tillara
03-03-2009, 04:24 AM
ok i have definately got a problem- i've have just asked someone if they "took their potions this morning?"

Ezze
03-10-2009, 12:42 PM
"dear mr. Watson, the board has always appreciated your input on important matters like wan implementation so we are reading over your proposal. We feel that many of your new tactics you have presented are fresh and unique, and have stumped many of the boards members. Perhaps you can explain to us what you mean by 'kiting', 'tanks', and this hypothetical 'dance' with your friend mr. Heigan. Your proposal also seems to make frequent references to death and healing, which we are completely lost on. In fact, the only thing we could even make sense of was the word 'raid' and we can't figure out how hard drive architecture has nearly as much importance in wan implementation as what you place on it. Lastly, 8pm server time is not an acceptable time frame for any kind of business meeting and we will have to move it to around noon. Thank you for your report."

rofl :d

Blue
03-10-2009, 01:08 PM
I find myself using "Shadow Meld" at work, which is strange, since, I almost never use it, in-game...

;>)