PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with healers

owlcapwn
02-24-2009, 07:08 AM
Our healers are getting bored with healing because to them it has become to easy and boring, We are having trouble to get them to play their healers for raids. They only want to play their alts and we aren't able to gear the rest of our guild up. Any suggestions on how to make it more fun to them or what we should do?

Liar
02-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Figure out why it's boring for them first.
If it's because healing is easy, consider doing harder achievments that keeps them on their toes (Undying/Immortal and such) or let them come as offspec once in a while.
If it's becaue they are genuinely bored of healing, then find new healers because that is usually a sign of burnout.

EDIT: You could also drop a healer or two for DPS so the healers won't get bored.

owlcapwn
02-24-2009, 07:39 AM
Figure out why it's boring for them first.
If it's because healing is easy, consider doing harder achievments that keeps them on their toes (Undying/Immortal and such) or let them come as offspec once in a while.
If it's becaue they are genuinely bored of healing, then find new healers because that is usually a sign of burnout.

EDIT: You could also drop a healer or two for DPS so the healers won't get bored.

They have said healing is too easy because they just press one button and never go oom. When we try with less healers or the harder achievements, people die because the healers arent paying attention because they are used to EZ mode. Right now we have been going to less healers because we havent had 2 healers heal for us for 4 weeks in a row now. There is also a question on what to do with them if they are burnt out of healing? As healers the are very good but thier dps is just average.

Liar
02-24-2009, 08:11 AM
They have said healing is too easy because they just press one button and never go oom. When we try with less healers or the harder achievements, people die because the healers arent paying attention because they are used to EZ mode. Right now we have been going to less healers because we havent had 2 healers heal for us for 4 weeks in a row now.

Make sure you announce this a bit in advance then so they can prepare going with less than usual healers. See it like this, you offer them a challenge because it's boring for them. If they don't want to take that chance, then that's their problem and I might get suspicious that they only say healing is easy so they can come on their alts or because they aren't up to heal tough things. Try to poke them about that.

There is also a question on what to do with them if they are burnt out of healing? As healers the are very good but thier dps is just average.

Depends on how hardcore your guild is. If you recruit people only for raids then you might want to replace them with healers that are amazing and actually want to heal

Nyrox
02-24-2009, 11:02 AM
As a healer, I would drop the number of healers to no more than 6 for naxx (5 prefered). This is force your healers to pay better attention and increase their overall productivity.

If you're having people die there are a number of issues that could be taking place:
Slow raid - Slow raids lead to sloppy play
Over Geared Tanks - Yes this makes it very boring sometimes
Healing Assignments - Are you giving your people the best possible roll they could be filling (ie. resto shamans are raid healers).

Those are just to name a quick few.

But in all honesty I would recruit people who actually get disappointed when they let somebody die.

Petninja
02-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Tell them to find better music to listen to when raiding. Also, if they really are bored with healing throw a couple dps shots in there. I know I don't mind keeping a moonfire tick going on bosses that aren't taxing me as a healer. Back in TBC people were starting to get a little burned out with raiding so I lead a drunken Kara run, and we made a drinking game out of it. The instance got progressively more fun and kind of revitalized our enjoyment in raiding. Of course, healing might just not be their thing.

Daavos
02-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Our healers are getting bored with healing because to them it has become to easy and boring, We are having trouble to get them to play their healers for raids. They only want to play their alts and we aren't able to gear the rest of our guild up. Any suggestions on how to make it more fun to them or what we should do?

Recuit more healers (or guild members interested in respec'ing)

Competition for raid spots tend to make players competive. It also allows burned out players a rest from the game and the "we can't raid without you" guilt that goes with being a healer (or a tank).