PDA

View Full Version : Just Can't Get Enough

Cloud8690
02-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Tried to get this today in 10man Naxx. We pulled three from one alcove and cleaned them real quick. After that it went downhill. Any tips on strategy and group comp for that?

Myko
02-24-2009, 01:38 AM
Assign one of the tanks to pull them, and have the other tank look for the regular single ones. Don't pull extra until the tank's debuff runs out. Stuns are good to avoid bursts on the tank.

Nayre
02-24-2009, 01:40 AM
Yeah, basically you have to communicate on vent and make sure that the skeletons are still going down, so as to avoid them swarming the raid. Otherwise, keep the abominations stunned as much as possible to keep your debuffs down.

Make surey ou count, too. :p It can get confusing when you pull three, then get another, pull three, get none, three-one, etc.

Bihn
03-06-2009, 01:56 AM
Made our first attempt at this last week in 10 man. What worked for us was pulling a group right after everything first popped up, then pulling the groups behind each abom that activated. Between 6 and 8 aboms spawn by default (I'm unsure of the exact number), so you only really have to pull ~4 other groups.

Like Myko said, having one tank grab the extras and one tank grab those that would regularly come is a smart way to do it.

Selyndia
03-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Grab them early.

As the mobs come faster and faster until Kel goes live, and in those last 30 seconds or so your tanks are going to be busy with the last three normal Aboms + Kel going live, the earlier you knock them out of the way, the better.

Use a single target ranged attack on one abom, and only those from a cul-de-sac will come, leaving the Skeletons et al remaining behind. (I.E. Don't use something like Avenger's Shield, as it'll bounce to something else, and cause a giant mess). Normally I start pulling the next batch when I have about 3 seconds or so left on the debuff as by the time it gets to me the debuff will fade.

If my memory serves, the encounter sends 8 at you, so you need an extra 10, though as they come in packs of threes, it effectively means you are bringing 12 extra. Normally we do this when we have a melee heavy group, because it gives the melee something to do...

Once you get the hang of it, the achievement will never be the cause of a wipe, if you wipe, it usually is because of a.) Some mess up pullling 20ish skeletons or b.) Normal Phase 2/3 shenanigans.