PDA

View Full Version : Questions about current gear/hp/avoidance

Thyssen
02-23-2009, 04:19 AM
Let me start with posting my armory link:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonmaw&n=Thyssen (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonmaw&n=Thyssen)

Then some statistics about my guild:
-Naxx 25 guild. We havent cleared it yet.
-Started on Malygos 10-man.

The reason for this post:
1.) In some occasions I seem to have more problems with getting threat up than other tanks in my guild, and in some (very rare)occasions this leads to it that dps needs to slow down. I know i can change my talentbuilt to deep wounds but I dont like to cause i think i need to be able to get my threat up just as quickly as the other tanks in my guild can, with the same spec as they have.
My rotation is: SS whenever, devastate. revenge when up. and spam heroic strike. (basicly my rotation is the same as the flowchart which is posted on the forum, but then i spam heroicstrike when i have enough rage)

2.) In my guild i have a couple of tanks with more unbuffed HP than i have. I seem to have more dodge/parry/block then they have.
What i am wondering is, do i need to lower my dodge/block/parry rating and get more stamina? or is my amount of HP sufficient. I rarely die due to not enough health i am just wondering if i should. (since we are starting malygos) Cause if i lose some dodge/parry/block rating i might get more threat as well. (more rage--> more threat)

3.) Generally, what do you think when you see my character, do i need these expertise gems? (i thought i needed to get it up in order not to get parried that much. it costs too much rage, and thus threat.)
(I know i need to get +40stam on bracers. im working on that atm.)

4.) Is my attackpower too low?

Myko
02-23-2009, 05:04 AM
Your gems are fine. But you should get the +threat enchant on your gloves. It is superior to hit. You might also want to try the 15/5/51 deep wounds spec if you need more threat.

Ancient
02-23-2009, 06:53 AM
Hello Thyssen fisrt of all, i dont se anything wrong in your armory and you have a pretty decent gear, of course i wouldnt use those trinks (maybe the medal in some bosses) why dont you try with the Essence of Goremojo (the one from Azjol Nerub Heroic) and another trink... like repelling charge..(with this you can change those ugly def rating gem).Your expertise isnt that bad.. but you need to have at least the Soft cap, this is really important (for me at least).When you have enough expertise you will improve your Threat (remember that expertise have some Mitigation properties) and you dont gonna have problem anymore with you Threat

PD:Plz do that enchant to the Bracers..Change those Trink, a little of expertise... and Done..