PDA

View Full Version : 11/50/10 dw a valid lvling tank build ?

Hanadra
02-22-2009, 11:58 PM
I was wondering would a 11/50/10 dw be a valid lvling tank spec?

Ushebti
02-23-2009, 12:49 AM
Well.. please define "valid."

Because lower level instances can be tanked by most classes with a tanking spec, even though they aren't specced for it.
So yes if you mean valid as in "useable" for tanking, then yes it's valid, not optimal but valid.

Would suggest to you to do more in the Arms tree if you are looking into a sheild/sword combo.

Hanadra
02-23-2009, 02:40 AM
ahh sorry, dw frost build and buy valid I mean could I tank as well as just quest with it as well?

Satorri
02-23-2009, 07:35 AM
Personally, I tanked with my dps/leveling spec straight up until 80. The strictest of tank talents isn't required for pre-endgame instances.

Generally for leveling specs you can predict how it will play. The more "tank" talents you take the slower things will die but the more durable you will be while questing, and vice versa.

Oroborous
02-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Hell to this day I still run 10/51/10 as a tanking tree in naxx for DW (I swapped blood tap for deathchill for the snap agro).

Varucard
02-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Most dw specs like to have necrosis and BCB...but if it works for you then go for it.

Do you get good initial snap aggro? Do you sustain good tps through a fight? Do you stay alive just as long as you would with a different dw/ 2h tank spec?

If the answers to these questions are yes, than run with it. If not, switch to something else...