PDA

View Full Version : 10 man EoE

Primedgreat
02-22-2009, 11:31 AM
I just have a question about the drake fight, how many healers would you recommend? This would be my guilds first down and I'm wondering one of the best ways to get 'em down.

Benolan
02-23-2009, 11:36 AM
I don't have a ton of EoE experience, but I think 2 is probably the best number as long as eveyrone stays together... 2 ppl casting HoTs on themselves constantly and doing their AoE heal over and over while the rest stack Dots on Maly.

Inaara
02-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Watch Cider's 6 min 25 man vid. Their P3 start is exactly what we use except we have people shield themselves when targeted and we have 2 healers stacking heals on themselves and popping the aoe heal.

Primedgreat
02-23-2009, 02:00 PM
alright thanks.

Thulldar
02-24-2009, 11:27 AM
3 healers is fine also, and probably warranted if you keep losing people to vortexes.

dyls
02-24-2009, 07:49 PM
He means phase 3 I think, Thulldar.

We started with 3 while learning, and dropped to 2 once people were comfortable shielding themselves when targeted.

UWSkeletor
02-26-2009, 02:32 PM
We used 1 healer for our first 10-man kill. It was me /flex

I've heard you can just always stack 5 on yourself and use the AOE heal but I found I had to switch targets a lot to get them the 5-stack and use the AOE heal, not sure if people were missing putting up a shield or standing in shock balls or what, but it was pretty hectic.

Pellet
03-02-2009, 01:52 PM
My guild is in the process of doing this encounter for the 1st time.

We had a few tries before, but we never got to phase 2.

We are now getting uber ganked during this phase, i am following the video guide to the letter other than using a paladin tank rather than a warr.

Our DPS gets on the disks and flies up to kill them, but our healers seem to get picked off at random and 1 shotted. (they are inside the zones and have full health) it is not malys "Uber death kill effect" as we can survive that.

I was wondering if the zions are responsible for these deaths and if anyone has any survival tips.
Group layout:
Pally Tank: Fully Naxx 10 Geared

Retridin
Blood DK x2
Warlock
Mage

Holy Priest x2
Holy Pala

I Have 33k health buffed, and the avodance required to survive Malys hits, the only real damage is take is from the arcane breath.

Any advice or aids for phase 2 in particular would be UBER useful