PDA

View Full Version : Raiding dedication and focus problem

Andrenge
02-21-2009, 09:45 AM
When my guild started 25 man progression had no problem clearing Naxx in the first three weeks of starting 25 mans. We can now clear 3 wings in one night (3 1/2 hour raid). Leaving one night to complete the final two wings. Our raid last week left us with just Saph and Kel and a full raid night to down two bosses and than move on to Sarth to attempt with 1 drake. When we went in we one shotted Saph with only 2 deaths ( people who had never seen the boss) than we moved to Kel. Our first attempt we took Kel down to 7% than our MT died from a void spawn. Everything else was spot on (ie. dps, healing, OT's). After the first attempt, however, healing seemed to go downhill. The MT died at 85% from lack of heals. We tried to assign healers to him and that didnt even work. I dont understand if the healers are just getting laid back because we have already cleared the content.. We had an officer meeting on this and could not come up with a solid conclusion.. We compared all of the recounts that the officers were running and saw that after the first attempt the healing just stopped. Any advice would be great.

Bulk
02-21-2009, 10:47 AM
This might sound like a glib response, but have you actually asked the healers? If its a pattern of just not being very good, or not caring, then you need to do something about it - either ask them to pick up their game or start recruiting healers who give a damn. Of course it might have just been a situational problem- bad RNG on void spawns or iceblocks or any number of reasons.

Either way, you need to communicate with the healers to find out and fix the problem.

Andrenge
02-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Well at our officer meeting that we had we discused using WWS reports to see exactly if it is just a lack of people just casting their heal button or if they are overhealing so much that they just run out of mana. It just seems that healing will be spot on for the whole instance, yet when we get to Kel the healers forget what a heal button is.

AoDraka
02-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Are your melees interrupting the 20k frost bolts Kel casts at the tank? This can make it seem like healers aren't doing their job, but if people are living through the Frost Blast then I wouldn't place blame on "unfocused" or "lazy" healers right off the bat.

Andrenge
02-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Our 25 mans have at least 3 mages, 2 rogues and a ret pally all with interupts that they rotate to cancel out as many frostbolts as possible, though some do get past them. The thing that leads us to believe that the healers are not doing their jobs is that on recount when you look at the healing taken tab, after every attempt you see the MT being healed less and less. Now we can one shot almost every boss but like I said when it comes to Kel the healers just forget to heal.

squats
02-21-2009, 11:17 AM
my advice to you.

1) use WWS, its easy to use and accurate
2) make sure your tank is helping to interrupt those frost bolts, as they will near one shot your tank

try to see what all incoming damage the tank is taking to narrow down the issues

Andrenge
02-21-2009, 11:22 AM
my advice to you.

1) use WWS, its easy to use and accurate
2) make sure your tank is helping to interrupt those frost bolts, as they will near one shot your tank

try to see what all incoming damage the tank is taking to narrow down the issues

Thanks for the advice im going to look into WWS more for our next raiding period. To narrow down the exact problem