PDA

View Full Version : 25 Man KT Troubles

Popeadin
02-20-2009, 08:10 AM
Now, my guild has begun steamrolling through 25 Naxx, but when we get to KT, we always run into the same bit of bad luck, at around 10% KT Iceblocks or MC's one/both of our OTs and wipes us at <5%. Is there any strategy to prevent this or is this just like Kara with Infernals?

Note: on 3 consecutive attempts the same one of our OTs was Iceblocked(not due to AoE Iceblocks) everytime at roughly 10%.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ulantor
02-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Sorry, no help for it. You could call this his unofficial enrage timer, its random and you just need to finish him off before he gets the chance to block or MC the OT's.

All you can do is make sure all of your DPS cool downs are up when you crest 40% and burn him hard.

Keilala
02-20-2009, 08:27 AM
What we do is position all the adds so that the two offtanks can hit each others mobs with aoe (swipe, tcclap, shockwave, etc), but are far enough away so that if one gets iceblocked the other won't as well. This should keep both tanks high on threat on all four adds, if one tank gets mced or iceblocked, the other tank just pops barkskin, shield wall, or equivalent CD.

This actually happened the other night, I got mced, warrior popped CDs, she ended up dying but I managed to pick up the adds and we downed KT.

dadricvertanis
02-20-2009, 08:37 AM
First thing is first, equip all melee with chainsaws and all ranged with my newly patented chainsaw launchers. Now he should die before he even frost blast's once.

Chainsaws aside, the double stacking tanks prevents the MC from wiping you but increases the risk of FB on both tanks at once which is nasty. Unfortunately this fight has a fairly decent chuck of pure dumb luck to it. We had one night where he frost blasted 1 healer and MC'd two others are virtually the same time. That was rough.

Erichilles
02-20-2009, 08:43 AM
stack the ads and if they cut loose, the MT will never be targeted by ice block, have him do what he can to grab hold of them and pop shield wall or whatever CD's he has left and burn that last 5%

sevve
02-21-2009, 03:20 AM
Keep your tanks awake, so that they pick eachothers adds off when something happens.
Guardian spirit, LoH etc. can keep an addtank up even when he get's frost blasted.