PDA

View Full Version : Raid leading, Help required.

Ocriun
02-20-2009, 03:04 AM
Hey tankspot :D sorry if this is the wrong part of the forums, only just came here (because of the great videos ;)),
Recently my GM decided to take a break, he promoted his irl friend to GM and i've taken on a lot more responsibilities as an officer, such as raid leading.

Basically I know the tatics for all current Wrath bosses off by heart so thats OK BUT what i don't know is the assignments. I.e on each boss how many healers per tank? how many on raid? The closest raid (Today) is naxx 10 so if you could help fill in any information along thoes lines it would be great :) or on any other raids.

Ok well then naxx 10

2 Tanks 3 Healers 5 dps i believe we normally have, sound right?

Also, we have no trouble with nax 10 we generally just blitz through it for emblems. How much generally should i bother with trash marking when this is the case? just 1 or 2 marks for the tanks since often people aoe anyway?

(Ok now for specific boss info anything you can fill in helps. You don't have to read or answer it all)

Patch:
Well the two tanks are obvious just tanking and spanking and all healers concerntrating on them 100% since no raid damage unless one of the tanks dies yeah?

Grobbulus:
Ok well tanks again obvious just have one tanking one ready to tank.
BUT healers: How many should i assign the tank and how many should i assign raid healing? 3 tank and specify a healer to watch out for raid? or physically have 1 healer only do raid or what?

Gluth:
Tanks both obvious ready to take over from one another due to debuff, also in my guild we generally have a shammy of ours on zombie fodder. 1 healer for fodder and 2 on tanks? or 1 on each tank 1 on fodder? im not sure how to assign it.

Thaddius:
Well obviously 1 tank each side 1 healer each side and i guess the third on the side with the least geared tank dps i should be able to break up fairly evenly. on Thaddius himself generally do you give specific (You're healing tank and you are healing raid damage due to crossed charges) ? or let the healers do their job and leave them to it?.

Anub:
1 tank for both adds and the adds that spawn, aswell as the annoying little beetles halfway, i assign 1 healer to heal this tank during all add phases otherwise on raid, leave the other two on MT?

widow: we generally just do the no dispelling frenzy method, 10 and 25 man, its faster, so 1 healer each tank, 2 on MT, the 1 from adds tank keeping and eye on the raid since he'll take less damage then MT? People never seem to learn about reign of fire :(

Maexx:

2 healers on MT 1 on raid when required? fairly simple boss really so even if i assigned wrong proberbly wouldn't be disasterous.

Razzy:

Tanks are both on npcs, shouldn't be raid damage, just healers on the npcs?

Harvester:

weelllll 2 healers on the weaker tank side 1 good healer on the other side, aoe down then on join up have healers on tank? i cannot specifically remember any actual raid damage abilities from the boss himself, and long as dps don't die to the adds.

Horsemen:

1 good healer at back along with 1 dps
1 healer per group at the front.
right :D?

Noth:

Assign 2 on MT 1 on raid make sure everyone dispells?

Heigan:

MEEEH 3 healers on MT tell one to watch out for raid damage? people shouldn't get hurt on the dance :(
Tell them to prio heal themselves and tanks on the dance?

Loatheb, well healing debuff ftl what should i tell them?

Sapphiron
all 3 on MT but 2 watch out for raid damage? or 2 on MT 1 raid damage?

Kel:
3 on MT 1 on OT when adds spawn?

Sorry for a long post, thanks for any an all info.

Kiyoka
02-20-2009, 03:14 AM
Mark a kill target. Explain the strat(s) before a boss fight over vent. Adjust strategy during the encounter, or after the encounter if necessary.

Raid leading isn't hard :). I'm assuming all of these people know what they're doing already so you can probably even skip the strategy part.

In 10mans its usually best to let the healers take care of their own assignments. And in 25mans, you should probably have a healing officer take care of the healing assignments as they will have researched their roles and know what is best for what fight. Healing assignments will be different for every boss fight though. You just have to know what your healers are best at(pallys on tanks, shaman on raid, ect)

Tierax
02-23-2009, 01:29 PM
As the above poster said, in a 10man its probably easier to let the healers take care of their own assignments. Some other quick pointers though;

On trash, let AoE run wild. Unless your tanks are having trouble with holding the groups, then mark. Otherwise, trash dies fast enough where its never been a problem to just go zerg happy.

On Horsemen, if you stack DPS on Thane make sure that you do bring him down before switching, otherwise the Baron healer has to be ready for the meteor damage on only two targets (Him/Herself and the OT).

On KT, we typically have one healer on FB duty; that is, they are responsible for keeping everyone alive during FB, and they must stand close enough to reach as many people as possible. We usually have our Resto Shaman on this, but I suppose any others could do it as well.

On Patch, in theory nobody else should be taking damage, the healers are solely responsible for keeping alive the tanks, though I have seen several times when one or two of our DPS gets dropped early; healers were focused too much on the tanks healthbars and I believe they got smacked with a HS. This could have just been bad luck, or the OT not getting in there fast enough however, but they should be aware that it can happen.

dyls
02-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Raid leading isn't hard? I think that really depends on your group :)

But yeah...if this is a successful raid group already (which it sounds like it is), I would tend to let people sort themselves out, rather than changing things. Most people hate change anyway and if you force them to they're just as likely to screw it up just to 'teach you a lesson' :P

On Patch, in theory nobody else should be taking damage, the healers are solely responsible for keeping alive the tanks, though I have seen several times when one or two of our DPS gets dropped early; healers were focused too much on the tanks healthbars and I believe they got smacked with a HS. This could have just been bad luck, or the OT not getting in there fast enough however, but they should be aware that it can happen.

This sounds a bit confused Tierax...basically your DPS should never be above the tanks in terms of threat. If they are, they are not doing their jobs (and possibly, neither are your tanks).

To clarify, DPS staying alive is the job of the DPS, not the healers :)

Harlan
02-25-2009, 02:01 AM
To clarify, DPS staying alive is the job of the DPS, not the healers :)
On Patch, if the DPS die... it's the healers fault. Jumping in the ooze (which is stupid) just means someone else dies and it is still the healers fault.

@ OP
All your questions revolve around healing. The only fight I ever assign heals (in 10 and 25man) is Patchwerk due to the speed at which hatefuls come in. It's your healers job to keep up the raid but if they can't figure out how to on their own... a good rule is to put your strongest heals on MT, another healer on OT, and anyone but a pally on raid heals. On one tank fights, 2 on MT, 1 on raid.

The content atm is simple enough that no assignments are needed.

lemysterieux
02-25-2009, 02:38 PM
On Patch, if the DPS die... it's the healers fault. Jumping in the ooze (which is stupid) just means someone else dies and it is still the healers fault.

Unless a tank dies or are struggling with threat it should be kind of impossible to die as melee dps on Patchwerk.
Healers can't really be responsible when their raiddps fails their retard check ;)

lemysterieux
02-25-2009, 02:49 PM

Make sure your OT gets hit by one Hateful strike before ANY of your melee runs into melee range. Your ranged dps should only bother about the MT's threat and your melee should never exceed the OT's threat. If your melee keeps dying , they are above the OT and will get the Hateful strike instead of the OT and they'll get hit for ~30k ;)

Patchwerk will use this ability every 1 second, hitting the person with highest threat next to the MT in melee range for 27,750 to 32,250 physical damage, mitigated by armor, and possible do dodge, block or parry.

Harlan
03-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Unless a tank dies or are struggling with threat it should be kind of impossible to die as melee dps on Patchwerk.
Healers can't really be responsible when their raiddps fails their retard check ;)
"Patchwerk will use this ability at a 1 second frequency on the target in melee range with the highest HP who is also one of the top three on Patchwerk's aggro list. Cannot be used on the main tank unless there are no other targets. Does 79,000 to 81,000 raw physical damage which can mitigated by armour and parried/dodged. This is about 23,000 damage on a partially Naxxramas geared tank. This ability will add threat to the three most threatening on Patchwerk's aggro list."
Granted that is for heroic, but do you run with 4 tanks for Patch?

I have never seen a melee die before a tank on 10man Patch.