PDA

View Full Version : Frost DK: Pre-Naxx Gearing Time!

AK404
02-20-2009, 03:53 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Eridis)

So far, I've been gearing up for defense and stamina while attempting to sneak in some hit rating and expertise in, but while my DK seems fine with her high stamina, I feel that I'm really not doing all that I can with what I have. I designed her with AOE tanking in mind, but I've found her single-target threat to be more than suitable...for heroics.

What I'm aiming for is a high amount of avoidance combined with accuracy, which makes me wonder why I haven't gone over the 540 defense minimum.

AFAIK, her weak spot seems to be her trinkets, and I'm planning on obtaining the Valor Medal of the First War, as well as whatever I can get out of raids.

I'm also somewhat concerned about her Hit Rating, and was considering re-gemming for Hit instead of Strength and Stamina.

Is her Stamina fine? While I'm sure there's no upper range for Stamina, I am concerned that I may be loading too much when I could be gemming for Hit, avoidance, or expertise.

Suggestions? I'm sure I can think of more things I'd like to improve as soon as I wake up, but for now, this'll have to do.

AK404
02-21-2009, 04:39 AM
Update:

I've since gotten my baby her Valor Medal of the First War, as well as Bracers of Dalaran's Parapets (which still need to be enchanted). I've also decided to work on her hit ratings (which is now just a tad over 8%) and expertise (which I will continue to work on by replacing any existing strength gems for expertise gems).

Her health while under Frost Presence sank from 28K to 26.5K, but her offensive ability is now stronger, and there's still more heroic gear that she can get her hands on before she starts raiding.