PDA

View Full Version : Perfecting my gear for pre-10 man Naxx

Slyfie
02-19-2009, 03:36 PM
My armory didn't update to show me in frost presence, so to make sure everyone knows the corrects stats:

Health: 26,676
Armor: 26,947

Now on to my question. I'm torn between the Rune enchants of SS or SSG mainly because I have 540 def before the SSG enchant. However, I want to swap out my Def trinket for the other JC trinket "Ruby Hare" as well as buying the two T7 items from the badges.

I've heard though that if I drop below 565 def with the SSG enchant that I'm really just hurting myself. If that is the case I'm wondering if there is any possible way to better my gear to become completely ready for Naxx.

With the JC trinket I'll be close to 28k unbuffed health, but I think where I am hurting is in the avoidance department. I'm trying to get the bracers from OK and the belt from AN, but it's not that easy with PuG's. I can also buy the gloves from the Kirin To, but I'd drop alot of points from Expertise thus brining me further away from the soft Expertise cap (I'm close enough as is).

I believe I am very clost to being Naxx ready, I'm just confused on how to finish my gear completely.

Edit: I should also mention that I'm a tad torn between a spec question. I'm wondering if Killing Machine is worth taking points out of Frost Aura, Death Chill and Two Handed Weapon Spec to max it out. If it isn't than where can I put the points from Frost Aura into?

Stephinrothdr
02-19-2009, 05:26 PM
KM is a great addition to a frost based build. Check under guides, there is a KM Frost Tank build that i use a lot for tanking Naxx, It's actually a very good spec for doing patchwork, b/c you almost have enough CD's that you can always keep up a CD, i typically pop IBF, wait for that to CD, then pop UA, while keeping blade barrier up all the time. I've never had a problem w/ threat as long as people have good common sense in regards to not POM/Pyro right off the bat.

Here is the DK Builds Link.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/40694-death-knight-aoe-spec-mt-spec-rotations.html

And the KM Frost Tank
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight=0055020000000000000000000003250500130 532102301005111350005200000000000000000000000000&glyph=000000000000

Possible easy upgrade would be your boots, to the Tempered Titansteel threads along with the helmet as well

Slyfie
02-19-2009, 06:14 PM
The only problem I have with going to the Tempered Steel items is I would lose hit rating. I'm already 80 or so away from the hit rating i need and swapping those items would put me a good bit further from the goal.

I did manage to get the T7 gloves today and have the possibility of getting the chest piece. Should I swap out the gloves and chest piece for the T7 items or not?