PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Assist (10man)

Bernabeu
02-19-2009, 12:11 PM
EDIT: as pointed out below, the title of this forum should be "Twilight Duo"

So my guild has been working on the twilight duo achievement for a few weeks (10man version), and its starting to get pretty frustrating :mad:
My main question is, how much DPS do you need? We have tried with 3tanks, 3heals, 4dps and seen far better results than going with 2tanks, 5dps. basically, with only 2 tanks we ahve adds running all over the place and with 3 tanks we dont ahve enough dps to kill the 1st drake before the 2nd lands.

here is our basic group make up:
Bear tank- sarth
Pally tank- tenebron
Pally tank- adds

heals- druid, shammy, pally (or disc preist)
dps- hunter, boomkin, rogue, lock (or mage)
we can push ~12k dps on tenebron from the time he land until vesperon lands (~90sec).

please, any tips would be greatly appreciated

Ray
02-19-2009, 12:25 PM
To many healers.

Group setup should be

Tanks X3
DPS X5
Healers X2

Also, if your having trouble DPSing, bring the most synergistic DPS you can (Caster vs. Physical). So, for your group drop the rogue and bring a SP/mage/lock as your last DPS. Also, you need enough DPS (w/ Hero) to kill Tene before 2 hatching's of whelps.

You can do this (I did) with a 2 tank 3 healer setup, but its alot harder on the tank who has to do both the drakes and adds. The only tank that really can do this is a DK due to DnD.

bludwork
02-19-2009, 12:56 PM
we used

tanks x3 (druid, war, dk)
DPS x4 (ret paly, rogue, mage, shadow priest)
Healers X3 (disc priest, holy priest, holy paly)

No hero and 4 dps we still got tenebron to not spawn a second set of eggs. That's probably the most difficult thing in the encounter, if you can manage to only get 1 set of whelps it pretty much comes down to not wiping to stupid things. With no hero we had the priest and add tank dpsing tenebron, once that part was finished just coast through the rest of the encounter.

edit: I very much doubt you'll have the 1st drake down when the 2nd one lands in 10mans, that's why it's so important for tenebron to only spawn 1 set of whelps; frankly the 2 healer setup might work better for you if that's the goal.

Molohk
02-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Wait, if you're trying for the twilight assist achievement, why are you leaving more than one drake alive? (you mentioned tenebron and vesperon landing)

Or how many drakes are you trying to leave up?

Bernabeu
02-19-2009, 01:39 PM
/facepalm

i meant to title to post "twilight duo". my bad

also, the reason we have been trying to get tenebron down before vesperon lands (or as close as we can to that event) is because the drake tankstarts taking a ton of damage, as does the whelp tank (due to multiple whelp spawns and fire adds).

I would be curious what kind of raid dps groups that are able to do this are pushing. gives me a ball park of what to aim for when putting the group together.

Molohk
02-19-2009, 05:27 PM
We managed to do 2 drakes for the first time with a composition similar to yours. 3 tanks, 3 heals, and 4 dps. Healers were also shammy+druid+pally, we had pally and two warriors tanking, and dps was mixed and not very synergized.

Even though a lot of people recommend doing tene and vesp, we found it easier for our raid to do it with tene and shadron. The health debuff was just too rough on our healers, and it leaves zero room for mistakes with waves and void zones (and we had huge problems when vesperon landed, with the shadow debuff and twilight torment).

For DPS, i think we were about the same as you're now when we first did sarth10+2. We got 2 waves of whelps, and we actually had to pause dps on tene to get rid of whelps.

I really suggest you try tene+shadron, just make sure your sarth and drake tanks are using their cooldowns when they need it. You should be able to pull it off with your composition and dps.

Muffin Man
02-21-2009, 03:28 PM
We tried Sarth + 2 today and had similar problems. We had the dps to drop Tenebron within 2 waves. But we wiped both times shortly after Vesperon landed landed. Not even twilight torment. Which I don't understand since we started with the -25% life debuff right?

We were also doing it with 2 healers / 3 tanks since we I don't think we have the dps to pull it off with 4. 2 healers can pull it off right? Also the whelp tank (Deathknight) was getting crushed tanking 2 sets of whelps and blazes, maybe I should have switched roles (Warrior on drakes).

Anyways I figured if we could get Tenebron dead around the time Vesperon lands we would be set... is there some trick we need to know here?

Molohk
02-23-2009, 09:38 AM
@Muffin
When we started doing Sarth+2 we also used to get crushed when Vesp landed, in the end it was easier for our raid to do Tenebron+Shadron. Your drake tank will have to tank both drakes for a while, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue. At first we also called for whelp AoE before Tenebron died, or our whelp tank would get crushed.

Also, if healing is tight, you might want to have a hybrid help out with healing while there are 2 drakes being tanked. We just had a resto shammy dpsing tenebron until the second drake landed.

Muffin Man
02-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the response Molohk. I'm wondering, did you guys figure out what the problem with Vesp was?

When we decided to just do +1, we killed Vesp and purposely left his acolyte to see how tough twilight torment was going to be (not a true test I know) and it really didn't seem that bad.

Tanking the two drakes if we switch to Tenebron + Shadron doesn't seem like it would be much of a problem, just gotta be careful the healer and I don't out range each other avoiding lava walls.

You bring up a good point about the whelp tank. Fade armor is a nasty debuff and tanking 2 sets of whelp at a time makes them hit really hard. We probably need to help out the whelp tank a bit, although dps is already tight as is in that fight.