PDA

View Full Version : Grobbulus change?

Lachesis
02-19-2009, 01:53 AM
Long story short, I've tanked grobbulus many times in the past, but tonight was my first time tanking him after 3.0.8. My tanking strat comes from ciderhelm's video- watch the injector arm, wait for it to flash, and move.
Tonight, the arm wasn't flashing all the time. In previous kills I've tanked, his injector arm would flash every single time he dropped a poison. Tonight it would flash maybe 2/3 of the time.
I don't have a wws parse to check, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't melee getting a case of tunnel vision and not noticing their diseases, because I know all the melee that were there tonight, and have raided with them many times before.
Have any other tanks noticed this? Did I just get a bugged boss, or is this a common thing after 3.0.8?

Edit: this was in 25-man, if that makes any difference.

Utan
02-19-2009, 02:13 AM
I haven't noticed this in 10-man. Hopefully it was just a short bug?

Mookey
02-19-2009, 05:15 AM
I used Cider's tactics on our first few kills than I just used hint about moving backwards all the time with toggled off run ("/" key on numpad by default), only thing changed is that melee need to take care to not run through him when he stop. Never looked back @ poison clouds after that, removed lot of pressure from me, more time for TC/HS and imba threat generation.

dirt
02-19-2009, 06:14 AM
I used Cider's tactics on our first few kills than I just used hint about moving backwards all the time with toggled off run ("/" key on numpad by default), only thing changed is that melee need to take care to not run through him when he stop. Never looked back @ poison clouds after that, removed lot of pressure from me, more time for TC/HS and imba threat generation.

I also use this method for kiting him and never have any issues. As long as the DPS knows to stay behind him and run to the wall when poisoned it should go like clockwork. The only change I noticed since 3.0.8 was that every few seconds before he spews the poison he likes to turn back towards the raid. I just simply taunt him and continue to kite.

Lachesis
02-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Hmm. I generally don't have a problem with maintaining my rotation, and I've found it easier on the melee to just move and stop, move and stop (I've dps'd the fight too, and it's much easier to keep up that way) I guess I'll have to see what happens next week.

Mookey
02-19-2009, 10:44 AM
In some of previous patches, something was changed crazy. Due latency movement and stuff - mob actualy moves to position where server think you will be... this is particularly strange @ grob that whenever you stop he like run trough you and than step back never knowing where is he facing... with steady movement backwards he dont do this anylonger, that's why I changed.