PDA

View Full Version : Imps in Oculus

Bangorme
02-18-2009, 06:41 PM
I just wiped trying to tank this, and it was in the very first section. That's where all the casting imps are. When I've tanked this before, the dps killed 90% of these and I tanked the elites. This group expected me to tank the elites and gather up all the imps. Is this how you guys tank it? Is there a way to gather all these up? They don't pull as they are casters.

Thanks for any advice.

Aethraen
02-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Whelp != Imp
But technicalities aside, I've never had a problem tanking everything as a Warrior. Spell reflect right off the bat and everything is on you. Blood Elves can Arcane Torrent at the start to silence a few so they can be 'picked up' (I think)

The whelps have a very little health and AoE should handle them while you focus on the Elites. I'm inclined to think the group didn't have much AoE if they wanted you to tank them all for a prolonged amount of time

Jivatma
02-18-2009, 10:27 PM
they hurt on heroics. especially those squishy caster/healers. spell reflect is your friend. hsould be first thing you do after charge. if you can heroic throw one, and shield bash a 2nd as you move in for a well-placed Thunderclap and you should be set.

Bangorme
02-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Those are FANTASTIC tips!!!! Thanks. I never thought to use spell reflect to keep casters occupied. I wonder if I should have put points into improved spell reflection?

Spitefulness
02-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Improved SR is handy at times, like Malygos in phase 2, but in no way needed. As the posters above have said, do whatever you can to silence them, use SR and pick em up.
If the group is good enough, the dps should get them down with no problems anyway.