PDA

View Full Version : Lore's UI

Pages : 1 [2]

Goonpimp85
11-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Lore,
I installed Skinner to play around with it, but I seem to have messed something up. I have it how I want it in every way, other than I lost the gradiant look that the bottem viewpoint had. Any idea how to get it back?

Lore
11-18-2009, 10:49 PM
The gradient look is actually done through another option. I don't remember what it's called off the top of my head -- I think it's just "panel" or something. You set it up similar to the viewport and just put it over top of the black viewport areas.

Megix
12-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Lore, do you mind just upload the ui you have one right now? You don't need to update it all the time just as long as the ui setup is similar

rbedard
12-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if you can tell me how you got the two black bars on the top and bottom of your UI screenshot, as well which addon allowed you to show your gold and such on the bottom?

thanks

Mhoram
12-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if you can tell me how you got the two black bars on the top and bottom of your UI screenshot, as well which addon allowed you to show your gold and such on the bottom?

thanks

The mod that shows the gold and other info is Fubar, with different modules added in. It also adds the bars on top and bottom. However, the big black bar on the bottom (behind his action bars) is Skinner.

rbedard
12-05-2009, 07:37 PM
ok thanks for the info

Exys
12-07-2009, 01:06 AM
Under the text pitbull i can se one ore to bars, what is that?

Mhoram
12-08-2009, 03:54 AM
Under the text pitbull i can se one ore to bars, what is that?

If you mean the little skinny bar, it's the swing timer in Quartz.

Exys
12-08-2009, 11:49 AM
ahh okey thx =)

can i se wen may focus swings??

Megix
12-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Lore, How did you skin your recount and omen to make it the same background/transparent as the bottom frame gradient?

McStabbin
12-14-2009, 11:10 AM
This is specific to Lore's Mods, I'm a rogue and I really like the mods you have, well minus the pally stuffs, lol. Anyways i don't have all your mods, but a majority of them...and I am curious which of the mods controls the casting bar...is it pitbull, bartender, icehud, like i said I have all the same mods except for the few....and it just drives me nuts my casting bar is right on top of my buttons....do i need to get another mod for that or is it governed by one of the top mentioned mods you have?

Mhoram
12-14-2009, 11:55 AM
This is specific to Lore's Mods, I'm a rogue and I really like the mods you have, well minus the pally stuffs, lol. Anyways i don't have all your mods, but a majority of them...and I am curious which of the mods controls the casting bar...is it pitbull, bartender, icehud, like i said I have all the same mods except for the few....and it just drives me nuts my casting bar is right on top of my buttons....do i need to get another mod for that or is it governed by one of the top mentioned mods you have?

He's using Quartz in the screenshot in the first post. It will let you move all your cast bars wherever you need them.

pslabo
12-14-2009, 05:04 PM
IS there another way to change the max factor on my camera besides using the /console macro? A permanent fix?

McStabbin
12-14-2009, 11:21 PM
thanks i figured it out after i posted that, appreciate the quick replay tho.

I do have some questions....with classtimers.....when i has target selected it wont show it when i am trying to configure it, that seems to be my only hangup now...maybe it's a glitch or something....i have reloaded the ui and it still doesnt show up....just annoying having the bars pop up right in the center of the screen when i am fighting a boss. Any ideas?

Rawkilla
12-15-2009, 06:00 AM
hey i looked all on the front page for your ui download link but couldnt find it... can u ever ost it new or describe it better where it is TY LORE...!:)

Rudyraymoore
12-16-2009, 07:41 AM
Hey Lore,
Can you tell me the name of the addon you were using for Nameplates in the 10 man ICC Deathbringer Saurfang video? Thanks!

Vergisho
12-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey Lore,
Can you tell me the name of the addon you were using for Nameplates in the 10 man ICC Deathbringer Saurfang video? Thanks!
I think it's Tidy Plates

Takamishi
12-17-2009, 09:08 AM
hi i was wondering how you got Classtimer to show Darkmoon Card: greatness, Beserking and stuff like that.

Marklevin
12-22-2009, 12:27 PM
hey i looked all on the front page for your ui download link but couldnt find it... can u ever ost it new or describe it better where it is TY LORE...!:)

He took it down because it was annoying to keep up to date

hi i was wondering how you got Classtimer to show Darkmoon Card: greatness, Beserking and stuff like that.

Open classtimers and there is an option to add custom buffs, go hit a target dummy until the card procs, get the exact name of the buff, and put it into classtimer.

homet
12-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi,

I am looking for the nameplate mod Lore used in the lady deathwhisper 25 video. I have thus far been unable to locate. Please any assistance here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

illuonic
12-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey Lore,
I was trying to locate the particular skin for tidy plates that looked exactly like the ones in all your vids with tidy plates in it. could you please give me a link to the themes of tidy plates your using ;D cheers

Sorastoro
12-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your UI. Between your UI, Aliena's and what I already had, I've built an interface I'm much happier with.

Tahrngarth
12-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Hi, i would like to know the name of the addon that adds the deathclock as seen in the Saurfang movie.

Thx up front

Stalswarrior
12-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi, i would like to know the name of the addon that adds the deathclock as seen in the Saurfang movie.

Thx up front

Deus Vox Encounters (aka DXE), I believe is what you are talking about, its a boss mod similar to DBM.

Tahrngarth
12-30-2009, 04:00 AM
thx :)

Tahrngarth
12-30-2009, 08:05 AM
hmmm, it seems that it isn't the right addon lol. I installed DXE, but couldn't find any option and the deathclock didn't appear.
As you may notice I'd really like to have that Deathclock :)

Profesie
01-02-2010, 01:42 PM
On the Tidy Plates Addon. I have it all working right, but on bosses I can't get the gold dragon logo on the right side of the plate to appear. Anyone know how this is done? It seems to be checked in the options, but doesn't show up. It's just a normal plate displaying health and percentage.

Thank you!

Naeton
01-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Swift Orange Raptor is a guild requirement, thank you.

You must have raptors if you want to be cool, eh.
Ambassador ftw.

Kurtosis
01-04-2010, 11:17 AM
A tank buddy of mine told me that Lore uses (or used to) an addon that makes reviewing the combat log after a fight much easier, like it summarizes combat log info into something you can review at a glance to know what happened in the fight. It's something other than Recount. Anyone know what that might be? Didn't see anything like it listed in his addon list.

Savith
01-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Lore, could you please tell me how you have skinner set, and how you have that much space on your screen.
Thanks in advance

Kaelandros
01-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Your UI, Lore, is by far the best out of the video reviews. Why not let us sweet talk you into updating the download?

noeffix
01-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Indeed, I wouldnt go as far as asking for a release each time you update.
But once per exp? Per 3.x (3.1,3.2) or once a year?

You have indeed one of the best(or most adapted to my needs) UIs out there.

Would be worth it to be recognized for the work you've spent on that baby :D

Quig
01-13-2010, 01:43 PM
How do you get the bottom of the screen to be black? I've downloaded all the addons but I can't figure it out.

Morbidity
01-16-2010, 02:46 AM
How do you get the bottom of the screen to be black? I've downloaded all the addons but I can't figure it out.

That is skinner...look for an option named VP/TMBFrames and adjust the top and bottom height

Nagoyah
01-18-2010, 05:26 AM
If someone is willing to host it (whole addon pack) it is very simple to keep up to date, Curse Client V4 now allows a user to pack all their addons into a simple zip file and send it to email addresses, obviously this would be really slow but surely if one of us emails it to an FTP server just after each patch (giving addon authors enough time to update their work) then the whole "Lore UI" fan club would benefit from this.

I personally have been using this function for my Guild Members for a little while now and it is definately the best way for a mass market (coupled with some beer and ventrilo chats to help fine tune).

Sayte
01-21-2010, 10:34 AM
The gradient look is actually done through another option. I don't remember what it's called off the top of my head -- I think it's just "panel" or something. You set it up similar to the viewport and just put it over top of the black viewport areas.

I am still having this problem :( And I cannot find the "Making it Pretty" Section anywhere. Spent about 4 hours on line just trying to figure it out. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Axem
02-02-2010, 07:07 AM
I'm looking for a download of this UI.

Can anyone help? PM me here or email at k2@k2.org

It's even be willing to host the file!

Gitane
02-03-2010, 04:46 PM
In your ICC 10 V.Dreamwalker movie, the Mod showing what's ready in your rotation/priority. Looks like something I'd like to try.

Thanks In Advance,
Gitane

Sanguinus08
02-04-2010, 06:20 AM
Hi.
I downloaded all the addons for your UI, and ive set it up as much as i could. Some things, however, just refuse to work for me. Maybe someone can help me?

for my pitbull unit portrait, i set it to show my name and class, but it never does. When they finally do show up, and i relog, then they dissappeared again, BUT my pitbull settings are exactly as they were.
Staying with pitbull, how can i config it so that it shows total health/mana on the right, and percentage on the left? i cant for the life of me figure out.
How do i congif pitbull to display the enemies bars and portrait as in Lores screenshot?

And lastly, i have that black box at the bottom of my screen, but its transparent. how do i get it to become totally black?

King Pariah
02-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I mostly just need to know, which add-on is it that lets you zoom out so much. I have search many add-on that display this feature, but nevers says the name of it.

Raen
02-12-2010, 09:53 PM
In your ICC 10 V.Dreamwalker movie, the Mod showing what's ready in your rotation/priority. Looks like something I'd like to try.

Based on my research this appears to be the Retribution FCFS helper (clcret) mod.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/clcret.aspx

Barogorn
02-14-2010, 10:15 AM
I have been trying to find out what the addon you currently use to highlight when specific debuffs are up on the boss, ie. sunder armor, faerie fire, imp shad bolt/scorch etc. I see it at the top of your screen on your Valrithia dreamwalker 10 man video, and probably many of the others. I would like this for my own UI so that i can better watch the debuffs on boss as a raid leader. Thank-you for your time.

edit: the addon is Utopia for anyone that was wondering as well

Apocalypstix
02-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Lore, I joined TankSpot just to ask you to put up a download for your UI. I downloaded all that I could find of your list and I can't get it to work/find a good bit of it. Pretty please?

Palorii
02-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Hey Lore, I used your UI before I quit, but when I did I lost all my files. I really liked it, was really clean and such, and after I came back, the game just isnt the same without it. I've gotten most of it back to be a bit like yours, the thing I'm having most trouble with is Pitbull. Was wondering if you could please post your options for Pitbull, or just post your whole Pitbull addon folder. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance =)

--Palorii

Namaandra
02-16-2010, 09:34 AM
*bump* for reconsideration. This UI should be uploaded somewhere.

Tatsune
02-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Hey I was wondering what addon you were using to change how your achievements looked

Lucrenaa
02-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Hey Lore my boyfriend has been trying to get your ui and for some reason skinner isnt working once downloaded he followed the directions (Copy/Move all the files in the AddonSkins directory into the SkinMe directory) then he starts WoW and all he gets is Errors. We tried to not put them in the skin me but its the same thin errors (different kinds tho). Everything to explain how to use it assumes its working and doesn't help us. If you or anyone else can help with this it would be great! (btw no minimap button for it in case people ask)

majorpaladin
03-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Not sure but after doing a update now my targets show a buff time never used to, can anyone help me remove it

Marklevin
03-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi.
I downloaded all the addons for your UI, and ive set it up as much as i could. Some things, however, just refuse to work for me. Maybe someone can help me?

for my pitbull unit portrait, i set it to show my name and class, but it never does. When they finally do show up, and i relog, then they dissappeared again, BUT my pitbull settings are exactly as they were.
Staying with pitbull, how can i config it so that it shows total health/mana on the right, and percentage on the left? i cant for the life of me figure out.
How do i congif pitbull to display the enemies bars and portrait as in Lores screenshot?

And lastly, i have that black box at the bottom of my screen, but its transparent. how do i get it to become totally black?

If you have Windows Vista (maybe 7, dunno) you need to right click WoW and hit "run as administrator" in order to get your addon stuff to stay the same after you log off

Kiv
03-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Make sure you are using the right layout for the bars you want to alter. PB takes your settings that you make per profile and then applies them to the bar of your choice (located on a different tab in the config menu). Hope this helps some...

Taen
03-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Hi Lore,

I downloaded your UI a long while back, and have since stopped using it, instead creating my own.

However, I remember a totem mod that you had that I really loved while playing my shaman. I've forgotten what it's called and can't seem to find it. If you could enlighten me I'd appreciate it greatly.

Twajoh
04-18-2010, 04:43 AM
Please upload it lore, I really love it and I want to play with it

Agarenas
05-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Well I am stumped. I can't seem to get my seals to show in the Righteous Fury/Seals window of pally power. I can find how to turn the window off and on but I can't find a way to add the seals to that window. Help please!

mrsparkey
06-18-2010, 01:10 AM
I have installed many addons now, but i can't help but wondering: how do you put the 3D image of your character in your pitbull frame? because i can't get it to work in my UI.

Thanks in advance.

PS: nice UI:D pretty busy though:P

Marklevin
06-18-2010, 11:36 PM
I have installed many addons now, but i can't help but wondering: how do you put the 3D image of your character in your pitbull frame? because i can't get it to work in my UI.

Thanks in advance.

PS: nice UI:D pretty busy though:P

You need to enable the portraits module of Pitbull, then turn it on for your character frame

Shadowknigt
06-29-2010, 10:58 AM
hey, i was watching your UI and its one addon i cant find.
Which addon makes that awesome xp/rep bar on the top of the screen? :P

Nice UI btw :D

Yardrahs
07-03-2010, 03:22 AM
Hey Lore,
can you please update the screenshot, because it is kind of out dated isn't it?

Nagoyah
07-05-2010, 12:35 AM
hey, i was watching your UI and its one addon i cant find.
Which addon makes that awesome xp/rep bar on the top of the screen? :P

Nice UI btw :D

It's FuBar - ExperienceFu

Shadowknigt
07-05-2010, 04:05 AM
It's FuBar - ExperienceFuI downloaded ExperienceFu, but it has no bar, just a percentage on the FuBar. Any idea how to get the awesome bar?

Yardrahs
07-05-2010, 04:11 AM
I downloaded ExperienceFu, but it has no bar, just a percentage on the FuBar. Any idea how to get the awesome bar?

The addon is called XPerky on Curse

Yardrahs
07-05-2010, 05:17 AM
Hey Lore,
how do you get that status text on pitbull? The thing with numbers on the left side and percentages on the other. Can you please tell me, or post a screenshot of it or something?
Thanks,
Yardrahs

Yardrahs
07-05-2010, 05:41 AM
Hey Lore,

I was wondering if you could tell me how you setup your pitbull player and target frames so that the health/power text is anchored on the left side and the percentages on the right. I managed to get them in the position I want, but I can only seem to anchor one side or the other causing the opposite text to move out of the frame or towards the middle as the numbers increase/decrease.

Thanks in advance

*Edit* Nevermind, figured it out.
Can you please tell me how you did that? Having trouble with that problem.

Shadowknigt
07-05-2010, 08:49 AM
The addon is called XPerky on Curse
Found it, but it is actually called XParky :)

Shadowknigt
07-05-2010, 09:18 AM
How to make grid show a manabar at the bottom? :P

Thanks

Yardrahs
07-05-2010, 11:25 PM
How to make grid show a manabar at the bottom? :P

Thanks
Install GridManaBars.

Mcloven
07-24-2010, 06:30 AM
lore its been a while since you said you werent going to continue wit h the down load. but is there a chance you might for old time sake. if not is there a site you recommend for a good prebuilt ui.

Shadowknigt
07-28-2010, 04:58 AM
Im just wondering, what addon are you using for your achievements? If you look in the Blood Queen Lana'Thel video
you can see the achievement.

Thanks

Sean
08-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Lore will you have an all in one file download for your mods anytime soon?

WolfieeifloW
08-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Hey, I remember a long time ago there was a mod on either Ciderhelm's or your UI (I believe) at the top middle of the screen that monitored debuffs on targets.
It was just a black bar with little icons of all the different debuffs available with your current composition.
I'm a raid leader and would like to have this to know if people need to refresh their debuffs.
Is this mod still working, and if so what is the name?

damnpatch
08-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Hey, I remember a long time ago there was a mod on either Ciderhelm's or your UI (I believe) at the top middle of the screen that monitored debuffs on targets.
It was just a black bar with little icons of all the different debuffs available with your current composition.
I'm a raid leader and would like to have this to know if people need to refresh their debuffs.
Is this mod still working, and if so what is the name?

Not sure as I haven't used it, but it might be http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/debuff-enough.aspx

WolfieeifloW
08-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Hmm..
Don't think that's it.

I'll try that one though.
Still looking for the one from their videos!

kungfugrip
08-04-2010, 07:16 AM
did the download link for this get posted? i didn't look through all 17 pages. if it has can someone please edit it into the first post please? i like this UI

thunderofsun
09-14-2010, 11:37 AM
how i make the grid addon so when i click with left or right click to heal with holy light and flash of light?

Razilius
09-14-2010, 12:21 PM
how i make the grid addon so when i click with left or right click to heal with holy light and flash of light?

Download the addon Clique.

thunderofsun
09-15-2010, 06:17 AM
ok ty

Trebola
09-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Lore, in your Sarth 3D video when it cuts to the retri section there's a graphical curve on the left hand side that is red and shows overall raid DPS trends. I'd like to get this for when I'm raid leading. What is it?

I think it is from recount hit the Cog on your recount and then go to window and global realtime windows hit the dps button it should bring up the graph

Khendal
10-14-2010, 01:19 AM
Guys i love this interface...but it's a little out of date...how can i setting pitbull4 like this pitbull 3 ? anyone of you have already done it?

Mondor
11-03-2010, 12:49 PM
For all of you out there who want to know how to set up PitBull same way as Lore:

Search on YouTube for "WoW UI Tutorial - Pitbull Shifty Eyes" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBSQWqYLePE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBSQWqYLePE%29Turn)) Turn up your volume to hear the guy speak and make sure you have PitBull 3 and NOT 4.Good luck.

Nagoyah
11-15-2010, 01:33 AM
too much stuff going on for me

Gotta be the most pointless post so far!

Ephelant
11-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Hey Lore, what was the addon you had in the very middle of your screen in the Dreamwalker 10 man video? It switched your different skills. Thanks in advance!

Fudandragg
12-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Whats the Black bar on the bottom called?

Lore
01-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Updated the original post with the following:

This post is exceptionally out of date. In fact it's kind of impressive how out of date it is. I'll be updating it at some point, but I have been meaning to rework my UI as it's started to become somewhat cluttered. Once that's taken care of expect a full, indepth update.

In the meanwhile, many users have identified some of the newer addons I'm using that are not mentioned here. The most notable differences are:
- I am no longer using IceHUD (it was just extra clutter, so I dropped it)
- I am no longer using ClassTimer; instead I have various Power Auras setups for the most important buffs/debuffs I need to watch
- I have switched to Satrina Buff Frames from Elk Buff Bars, because Satrina is a beautiful man
- I have switched to Skada Damage Meter from Recount, and I'm using Acheron to parse death logs
- I am using RaidWatch 2 instead of Deadly Boss Mods

There are some other, minor changes, but those are the notable ones.

Athaea
01-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Hey Lore,

Since you are updating your UI, will you also post a download link? Would be real awesome!

Firedexx
01-05-2011, 12:51 PM
I really like how you have RaidWatch2 set up in your Argaloth video. Hopefully when you update you can provide a download so I can copy the way you have it set up

Lore
01-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Hey Lore,

Since you are updating your UI, will you also post a download link? Would be real awesome!

If I can find a simple way to clean up the savedvariables, possibly. If I can't, it's entirely too much work to package everything up in an acceptable manner.

Disembowel
01-06-2011, 01:52 AM
If I can find a simple way to clean up the savedvariables, possibly. If I can't, it's entirely too much work to package everything up in an acceptable manner.
If you cant do this, a youtube video of you setting it up and narrating woule be a dream come true :)

Nellafeht
01-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Lore, how did you get the gradient of the bottom bar to be on top and not on the bottom?

Athaea
05-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Lore, are you still planning on updating your UI page?

fiery55
05-13-2011, 07:02 PM
How do you get your typing bar to the middle of the screen but the chat window is at the bottom?

Malbabo
07-24-2011, 10:10 AM
How did you get it to work for firelands, thats what i would really wanna know. Ive looked around and cant find an updated version anywhere :( I saw it in your video that it is working so can you plz link where you got it, or how, please? Much appreciated :)

Mitsukai
08-07-2011, 05:03 PM
I've been wondering the same as Malbabo here. So does anyone happen to know how he managed to get Raidwatch 2 to work?
Thank you very much

Adamus
09-04-2011, 01:44 AM
what is the addon who shows the force of the boss on the right side of the screen?

bsmass
09-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Lore, update plzz!!

leethaxor
09-11-2011, 12:16 PM
what is the addon who shows the force of the boss on the right side of the screen?
Most likely a pitbull focus frame.

Mitsukai
09-12-2011, 04:15 AM
Most likely a pitbull focus frame.

Actually that's Raidwatch2 the posts above you have been about. the addon has been abandoned by it's author so i've been wondering how Lore got his version to work

Dale
09-26-2011, 06:07 AM
From listening to his streams it would seem he is back to running DBM

Jesren
12-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Lore,

any chance this is getting updated?

or better a download link?

pleeeeeeeese :P

KennyMC
01-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Hi all,

Can Lore or some body that knows what the addon is please let me know what it is called. It sits top middle, 6 coloured boxes that put down Raid markers. Very clean and does not take up much UI realestate.

Thanks in advance.

KennyMC

Kavaren
01-04-2012, 05:23 AM
Flare Up

Hajan_aun
01-21-2012, 08:22 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/aaazkg.jpg

Does anyone know the name of this addon?

Azati
01-30-2012, 02:27 PM
I may or may not be retarded. But I use Pitbull as well, however I just CAN'T figure out how the hell to enable the portraits as Lore has. I've enabled the plug-in and all that fancy pants stuff. It just doesn't go.

Advice?

KeldorSauceBoss
03-07-2012, 01:55 AM
I want this set up

reasonyousmile
03-07-2012, 07:33 AM
I may or may not be retarded. But I use Pitbull as well, however I just CAN'T figure out how the hell to enable the portraits as Lore has. I've enabled the plug-in and all that fancy pants stuff. It just doesn't go.

Advice?

IIRC, the portrait is actually a "bar" that you enable once you've enabled the plugin. that's how it is in SUF, and i recall SUF and Pitbull being very similar.

Balanced
03-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Hi all,

Can Lore or some body that knows what the addon is please let me know what it is called. It sits top middle, 6 coloured boxes that put down Raid markers. Very clean and does not take up much UI realestate.

Thanks in advance.

KennyMC

targetcharms i believe

and that bossframe looks more like SuF then Pitbull imo tho could be wrong ofc

Lore
10-14-2012, 02:50 AM
Updated OP 10/13/2012

Piratehooker
10-15-2012, 10:08 AM
OMG! Thank you!

Bloodstain
10-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Thanks a lot for the update Lore. I've been admirering your UI for years now watching the videos on youtube.
One question though. Is it possible to set up the Buffs/Debuffs to show for my offtank? I always keep him on focus and would love to have a nice big debuff icon for him aswell.

brewquest
10-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Can you share your Vuhdo profile Lore?

berreqq
10-25-2012, 02:47 AM
Where can i donwload the ui?

Drac0
10-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Where is download link?

Rithgor
11-03-2012, 08:40 AM
I am using your UI, but i have a question, I no longer see the BOSS health bars on the side of the screen, (ie the 3 Stone Dogs) I use these for easy switching between targets, but now it doesnt show, all iget is the shared health pool from dbm, ive looked through the settings of the addons and can not figure out which one is removing these frames, any ideas?

Yverodagny
11-07-2012, 03:48 PM
i can't find the DL link i tried setting it up on my own but skinner is giving me alot of trouble

hailmary
11-11-2012, 10:51 PM
I could just be crazy but - Grid has a Clamp to screen option - if it was all over the place depending on group sizes its because the layout moved it off the screen and viewporter & skinner did some unusual things to my screen such as move things around in bgs... Grid(2) has such a simplistic layout but not everything is in a recognizable place nor very clear in some aspects. give peace a chance.

Bloodstain
11-12-2012, 09:08 AM
@Yverodagny

There is no DL link which is why there is such an extensive how to video. What are the problems you are having with skinner?

Yverodagny
11-19-2012, 08:34 AM
@Yverodagny

There is no DL link which is why there is such an extensive how to video. What are the problems you are having with skinner?

i followed the video exactly but when ever i go to change how high i ant the bottom bar to go nothing happens for a while then as im moving the slider it will randomly cover my entire screen

geekgirl101
11-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Looks nice and clean, far better than my shamble attempts. I redesigned the raid frames using pitbull to look like grid as I like to have minimal raid/party frames to see who's not dead and if healers have enough mp before the next pull. Means I can also target them and give them HoP if they're being a bit too nuke happy.

I also prefer Bartender over Pitbull since Bartender allows you to use more than just 6 action bars and comes with its own out of range colour indicator.

Have you thought about using AutoBar for things like food and potions? It's a nice addon for organising consumables and popup menus so you can look through which foods you've got without having to take up several buttons on your main action bars.

geekgirl101
11-26-2012, 07:33 AM
i followed the video exactly but when ever i go to change how high i ant the bottom bar to go nothing happens for a while then as im moving the slider it will randomly cover my entire screen

I've been having trouble with Skinner too. It's leaving shadows of the panels' last state so you can't see what you're doing until you reload the ui. I've reported a bug to the author with a screenshot of the mess it makes. You have to kinda guess you've resized it and positioned it the way you want it and then reload the ui. Once you've got it the way you want it though (after much tweaking and reloading) the panels will work just fine. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.

An alternative is to use SunnArt Viewport and Kgpanels to make virtually the same effect.

shooz
11-29-2012, 11:24 AM
As a fellow Prot pally, I loved your UI Lore. I customized mine to be very similar, but I use Xperl instead. Personal preference I guess. I had been using TitanPanel, but after watching these videos and trying Chocolate I am addicted to it. It's so much more customizable than Titan was.

One issue I have been having though is one of the add-ons listed (I havent installed my old add-ons that I used prior to redesigning this UI) keeps unbinding my escape key to bring up my game menu and/or deselect targets. I can't figure out what is doing it. i modified a few keybindings with Dominoes, but I didn't touch the escape key. Usually reloading fixes it for a few minutes, but it is never a permanent fix. I also enabled the LUI errors to display, and nothing has shown a conflict before or right after my escape key becomes unbound. I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem as well.

sifuedition
11-29-2012, 12:35 PM
I have had this issue but it was not as persistant as yours sounds like. Usually when I notice a similar issue, it is when I am attempting to log and the game menu will not come up. I have been able to use the micro menu to open the game menu and log out and that has always fixed the issue. This is pretty rare for me, though.

Mohatmus
12-05-2012, 04:36 PM
I too, utilize Pitbull for my raidframes. I have found that it is more useful to me to have them only visible in certain situations, i.e. 10 frames for 10-man raids, 0 frames for solo, etc. Having too many unit frames indicating the same thing aggros my OCD.

One of the issues that I have atm, is during raid time, DBM has a lot going on, and there is too much clutter. I need to add error text removal in my macros, and use better placement, so that raid warnings dont sit on top of themselves. Which brings me to my next point. Skinner. To this point, I have been using kgpanels, which is very good for what it does, and art can be imported and used as well. Your use of Skinner has me thinking otherwise though. I like the viewport customizations, and I like the intuitive mod interface. All of which kgpanels does not provide.

Lore, you very well may have inspired me to re-do my UI with a few of your suggestions, but with Grid, I am not convinced. I am not a healer, tho, so what it offers, to me, is no better than Pitbull. Thank you for the inspiration.

geekgirl101
12-08-2012, 07:05 PM
I am using your UI, but i have a question, I no longer see the BOSS health bars on the side of the screen, (ie the 3 Stone Dogs) I use these for easy switching between targets, but now it doesnt show, all iget is the shared health pool from dbm, ive looked through the settings of the addons and can not figure out which one is removing these frames, any ideas?

Edit: My bad, wrong info.

It's likely disabled Boss Frames on the Chinchilla Minimap settings. Check the Show/Hide to see if it's been unchecked.

If you want the boss frames to be configurable in Pitbull4 then keep them hidden in Chinchilla and visit http://www.wowace.com/addons/pitbull4/tickets/957-patch-basic-boss-frames/ for instructions on how to edit Pitbull4 to include boss frames. It's a bit of a hashed attempt but it's workable, then you just set up the frames the way you want them.

moonieass13
02-03-2013, 12:26 AM
after more hours than I would even like to count, I finally have my UI set up like this! Thanks for the instructional video... helped a lot!