PDA

View Full Version : 10 Man 6 minute Malygos

Shockna
02-17-2009, 09:33 AM
What are the numbers DPS should be pulling in a 10 man run of the 6 minute achievement?

We're running a 1 tank, 2 healer, 7 DPS setup.

Currently we have around 6 DPS running ~2800 with one at 3300 or so, with myself (the tank) doing around 1700-2000.

tPaste
02-17-2009, 01:56 PM
What are the numbers DPS should be pulling in a 10 man run of the 6 minute achievement?

Currently we have around 6 DPS running ~2800 with one at 3300 or so, with myself (the tank) doing around 1700-2000.

when we did it that's the group we took, though it's important to note that we took 6 ranged and 1 melee (well, 2 if you count me as MT). I think heavy ranged makes this a lot easier.

Note, there is also a thread on this in the achievements forum.

Muryou
02-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Its much easier to either focus on a all melee synergy group or an all ranged synergy group to get the achievement. Also having melee or ranged shouldnt matter much as malygos can be tanked close enough to the sparks for the melee to hit him without him eating other sparks anyways, you should have your tank/spark pullers practice that next time you put attempts in if youre already not.

Darksend
02-18-2009, 08:15 AM
we did it the other day with a feral tank fury warrior rogue DK hunter warlock boomkin shaman/paladin healers (i think the last dps was a second warlock but i cannot remember)

talk about lack of synergy

idealy for this achievement you want 1 melee besides the tank, and that melee being a DK for sparks

Lore
02-18-2009, 08:18 AM
idealy for this achievement you want 1 melee besides the tank, and that melee being a DK for sparks

We did it with 3 melee last night. Honestly, as long as you're getting him to phase 2 before the second vortex, it should be a 6min kill.

Darksend
02-18-2009, 08:24 AM
We did it with 3 melee last night. Honestly, as long as you're getting him to phase 2 before the second vortex, it should be a 6min kill.

like i said we had 3 melee too and we had a second vortex, we still got it by 20 seconds but that was our 3rd or 4th group to get it so we had a lot of experience at the encounter, if it is your 1st time doing it you should try to bring as many locks as possible and as few melee as possible

Inaara
02-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Best benchmark is what vortex he flies up by. Getting him up before the 3rd is a requirement, DPSing him as hard as possible during the transition is key. I would say that the highest you want him is 36% before he's untargettable although it's still possible depending on the speed of your P2 and the perfection of your P3.

We did the 8 man achievement last night and adopted a version of Cider's 6 min strat for P3. We had 2 healers spamming the aoe heal and each member used a shield when targeted to eliminate the chances of dying to back to back breaths.

Alternatively you can have raiders shield only if they're targeted twice but I preferred to be safe rather than sorry.

Each member was still able to keep up full stacks so I would definetely suggest using that method to maximize P3 dps.

davec727
02-27-2009, 01:46 PM
So, people that have done 10-man 6-minute:

What strategy are you using with the drakes in phase 3?

Typically we use one dedicated healer, and if everyone moves well and shields properly, it works. But I don't know if it's fast enough.

getefix
03-02-2009, 12:12 PM
with only 1 healer you should be doing the max dps you can. Are you building combo points on malygos or yourself or raid members?

sevve
03-04-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm also wondering what strategy people use for phase3.

Sounds to me like 9 people doing 3 combo stacks while one player heals should work well. Would be nice with some feedback from someone who's done it though.

Also, is CoE still there in phase3 if you put it up at the end of phase1?

Jabronie
03-05-2009, 05:51 AM

If you want some numbers to go by: Malygos has 6,972,000 in 10-man, phase two is at 50% and need you have 105 seconds max to get only one vortex.

6,792,000/2=3,486,000/105=33200(Overall DPS needed)-1850(avg. tank DPS)=31350/7=4478.57
so, roughly 4500 DPS is needed from your 7 DPS to reach phase 2 with only one vortex

when we did it that's the group we took, though it's important to note that we took 6 ranged and 1 melee (well, 2 if you count me as MT). I think heavy ranged makes this a lot easier.

Note, there is also a thread on this in the achievements forum. I agree, the idea of having more ranged than melee comes from having to get the scions in the air down as fast as possible in phase two. Having more melee means you need to get melee on their boards faster, i wouldn't recommend over 3 melee dps.

So, people that have done 10-man 6-minute:

What strategy are you using with the drakes in phase 3?

Typically we use one dedicated healer, and if everyone moves well and shields properly, it works. But I don't know if it's fast enough. Two healers is common and have them do their aoe heal right after the other, remember as long as people aren't standing in the spark fields and have full health a "gaze" will not kill them. This allows the drakes doing damage to focus soley on keeping their flame stacks up and ignore putting up shields. I HIGHLY suggest anyone who plans on doing damage on phase 3 to download MalygosCP at WoWinterface.com, it will keep track of your personal flame stacks and the time till they expire

I'm also wondering what strategy people use for phase3.

Sounds to me like 9 people doing 3 combo stacks while one player heals should work well. Would be nice with some feedback from someone who's done it though.

Also, is CoE still there in phase3 if you put it up at the end of phase1 "doing 3 combo stacks" do you mean doing flame spike 3 times then the finishing move? If so i suggest you look at my reply to the quote above yours, download MalygosCP and follow the 12112 rotation. Remember with that rotation you're waiting for your flame stack to either wear down to 1 second or have 100 energy.

Curse of Elements? no all debuffs will be removed from phase 1, and it is not worth having a warlock sacrificing himself to put that debuff on him in phase 3.

Gnurken
03-05-2009, 06:04 AM
We got it last night, took 2 hours or so, didn't stress so maybe 10 attempts.

With 2 seconds left on the timer, weeee, finally something exciting in wow again.

We had

Prot Warrior, dps-DK, ret pally, rogue, enh shaman
mage, shadow priest and warlock

for healing a holy pally and resto shaman

Not really optimized with 5 melee and the mage just had starter naxx10 gear
shadow priest, resto shaman and DK also only 10man gear, rest in full 25man.

Well, we got phase2 after 2nd vortex, was like 5% behind then. DK drags down the
last spark and we stand there a while nuking before going for shields.

In Phase3 we used 2healers and rest just focused on spamming 112.

Would had liked to get phase2 before 2nd vortex but we just didn't had that dps.
I dragged the dragon around so all sparks got killed in the middle. Bloodlust was fired after first spark dead.

sevve
03-05-2009, 02:45 PM
We just did it. We got him to 50% before the second vortex, but we lost 1 dps and the start of phase2 and one at the start of phase3.
We killed him with 3 seconds left on the timer.

In phase3 we had two people healing, while rest did 112. The first one would stack 5 points on himself and get ready to save the first fixate. The other would stack his 5 combo points on the first guy who got fixated, and then save the next fixate with the aoe heal. This way the healers were out of sync.
One thing to note though if you're new to combo points, is that if you change targets, even without doing anything, all the points will be lost.