View Full Version : what stats to improve on my prot pally?
02-17-2009, 09:49 AM
hey guys, just wanna know what stats can i improve on my gear as a prot pally
comments will be appreciated ^^.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dreadmaul&n=Canny)
02-17-2009, 11:41 AM
It depends on what you're trying to improve or what fights you struggle with as you tune for more avoidance or threat/dps. You're critable now, so I assume that's because of a recent gear swap. The biggest improvement would be fleshing out some enchants. Specifically:
- +40 stam to bracers
- +20 def to shield
- +22 def to chest (or the health enchant if you prefer)
- You've shown a preference for agility for the cloak and gloves over defense or armsman, any reason for that?
- you passed up the +8 defense socket bonus on your helm. Ditto for stam bonus on your chest. The chest might be worth the trade off, but don't think the helm is.
- the better gem for your legs is the +8 dodge +12 stam rather than parry.
Spend some badges on the platinum mesh cloak when you can.
The one stat you're a little light in is +hit. You've got 100 points or so between you and hit capped. Similarly light on expertise, but I assume you have the glyph of vengence?
- Get ardent defender. Drop reckoning. Or drop stoicism and leave a bit in reckoning, but get AD. Think of it this way, if you have 36k HP buffed, AD gives you an extra 3780 effective HP and its the 3780 that are most likely to keep you alive.
02-17-2009, 11:11 PM
pallys shld go for more dodge than parry? or its up to the player himself?
ya i have the glyph but does it have any huge impact on my hit %?
02-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Just because of stats on gear I've stacked dodge, tho parry is only 4% behind.
Try aim for a bit of a balance IMO, because of diminishing returns.
The glyph is OP. Plain and simple. 10 points of expertise for simply buffing yourself with something you should be using while raiding? Yes please!
More expertise = more threat, more dps, less incoming damage (from parries).
Out weighs hit, however you shouldn't ignore hit if you can get it.
02-18-2009, 08:54 PM
so what shld gem for ?
i have reached def cap atm , now shld i go for sustainable threat or survivability in raids ? i'm stuck between these two goals that i shld aim for . :confused: