PDA

View Full Version : 10 Naxx raid Questions

TrollTank
02-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Go straight to bottom if you want the basic problem I need solved.
First off gear is no problem. I tanked patch both hatefull and regular strikes(sorry don't know how to link Armory). I have a 2.6K hunter (MM) and 2 other people that top 2K dps in boss fights. Some of these people arn't in my guild but friends in guilds that don't raid, or 2 people from a decent raiding guild who don't do planned out 10 mans and one of them is blocked from raids they never let her in 10 mans because there is a mage raid leader and they like to plan out raids with buffs.

Ok both tanks have 26K Hp 23K armor good avoidance.

Day 1 we downed all of Arachnid with ALOT of inexperienced people and those who weren't had XP on a diff class(ot had XP on his healer).
1st boss down easy no deaths. 2nd boss OT didn't listen to me he made the DPS kill the widows people after she enraged which I know you should do but he waited till they enraged to kill it. I died 2 times a hunter Dced but we lived.

Maexxena I died 2 times and a healer died in cacoon at last second.
We had bad teamwork on the gargoyals decided to call it people had time problems.

day 2 we had to replace the OT with a diff pally(so I have 2 pallys I can call on every week)
Noth down 1 shot BAM. No deaths.

heigan......... this is where I would like some help. Is there any addon of
the map because I stunk but I did that boss with a complete pug dps the next day and I was great at it(btw the pug first person to die was a mage... in the slow one) . does anyone have advice on teaching people the dance.
1 healer left fast replace and we downed patch with 14 seconds before enrage. Now just a little fun thing about this fight I told the druid heals to keep up hoted up and kept the weaker geared healer healing the lesser hits(tank a tad less gear than me) and the better geared tank and heals on the hatefulls. I may have had vigilace on the pally but I had #1 aggro for a long time. weaker geared healer was almost OOM and patch was at 60% and I didn't realize I had aggro while everyone was screaming in vent over who should get the inervate and when then when i realized what happened i said innervate (name) and Switch which tank your healing.

So my problem is how am I supposed to make it that everyone is able to understand the fight I know not everyone will live but can someone help me find a way to teach enough people to live to down it.

rubinxt
02-17-2009, 08:50 AM
onlything i can really say to help with heigan is make campfires in the safe spot of each section then just have everyone one run from one campfire to another
this is how learnd exactly where the sections are and the best place to stand

Nuberino
02-17-2009, 08:57 AM
um have everyone stand on you, if you know what you are doing then it should be no problem :p Just watch where the last eruption was and run to it. It is a tough fight the *first* time you see it, every time after should be very very easy.

TrollTank
02-17-2009, 05:54 PM
um have everyone stand on you, if you know what you are doing then it should be no problem :p Just watch where the last eruption was and run to it. It is a tough fight the *first* time you see it, every time after should be very very easy.

yeah we tried doing this and they failed for some reason

TrollTank
02-17-2009, 05:56 PM
onlything i can really say to help with heigan is make campfires in the safe spot of each section then just have everyone one run from one campfire to another
this is how learnd exactly where the sections are and the best place to stand

Thank you so much this seems PERFECT. Just a question can u run around the room without aggroing him. I mean I think you can't aggro it because i have to get real close to aggro in first place.

How long do the fires last. Also thank you again. this seems like a great idea

Bihn
02-18-2009, 05:22 AM

The problem with this is that you may encounter server or client-side lag, making someone think that they are with the group or "just behind" them when really they are hanging out in the wrong zone too long. Whenever we do Heigan 10 or 25 man I always remind people to NOT rely on others to know when to move, only to know where to stop.

THIS (http://www.theorderls.com/belt/wm/wow/heigan.html) is a very helpful animation for learning Heigan. (I believe it's the creation of someone here on tankspot, I wish I could remember who so I could credit them) The flash animation should given them a good idea of where they should be running; the only difficulty should be running straight after every flash.

Another thing to be wary of is going too 'deep' into the "end zones" (zones 1 and 4). For those two, make sure you cross the threshold for the eruption and just turn your camera around.

Nuberino
02-18-2009, 07:56 AM
I was meaning for the first time, and likely lag is killer in the fight anyways. It is very obvious where to run after the first time you see it. Heck let everyone die but the mt and healer and let them watch you for a couple cycles, wipe and then stomp him.