PDA

View Full Version : Stats for MT Malygos

shaak
02-17-2009, 03:58 AM
sorry if this has been asked/answered already, but i couldnt find any relevant posts

Last sunday my guild had their first few attempts at malygos (10 man) but the healers were saying they were having trouble healing me in phase 1.
our biggest problem is the healers waste so much mana on healing me and by P2 theyre oom and we lose alot of our dps and end up hitting hard enrage at 40ish %

my questions are, what are decent stats to main tank him (hp, pure
avoidance /dodge + parry + miss\)
and, what would be a better set to tank him in;

Strong Stam set (just under 30k hp, about 50% pure avoidance unbuffed)
or
Strong avoidance set (about 26.6k hp, about 55% pure avoidance unbuffed)

here's my armory i should be in my stamina set...
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Shaak)

any gear tips would be much appreciated
thanks in advance

twelveshots
02-17-2009, 04:29 AM
the only thing you'd need the hp for would be the breath, that's his big form of burst. Which, especially on normal, isn't a big deal for a decently geared tank. I would personally use the avoidance set assuming you at least have for or kings. You shouldn't have a problem with that gear, the healers need to step it up, on that fight usually have a pally a priest and a druid, I have the pally exclusively heal me, and the druid hot me up, druid and priest on raid after that.

Phase one does get mana intensive, no way around that... healers just need to be able to last. One thing that helps phase 2 is when each new bubble pops out, having a healer stay back til everyone's across to try to keep everyone up. If your healers are running out of mana... figure out if they're doing alot of overhealing, in otherwards wasting mana. Also making sure to have a replenishment helps.

What I'm getting at is, you should be plenty geared to tank malygos.